Bosch Dishwasher repairs…UGH!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
during a reno a couple years ago the guys cracked the recessed handle and it has proceeded to be a PITA. SO i bought a replacement at the same time I bought the new door springs that just gave out.

The handle has three screws you can see from the front BUT - you have to remove the whole door front to release the metal clips. Look alike there are 8-10. the how to video is 15 minutes long. I was more thinking 15 seconds - three screws and swap out and three screws and done. No such luck.

the door spring video is only 8 minutes long. Pull the unit and the springs and all are right on the bottom side. Just never thought the freakin handle would be harder than the springs. Oh well…

The drain is somehow hung at counter height by a zip tie or some such. Im thinking I want to use a “real drain hoes hanger” . I have never hung the drain as high as it is now. From what I read 20-40 inches above the floor should be fine?

But I need a right angle screw drive thing. does that seem about right?

thanks all. It’s been over a decade since I messed with pulling a dishwasher. Both fixes are now on hold because of the ankle issue and I’m still in the boot and all that.

Reactions: JLeonard
I don't miss installing them at all! And I feel your pain...it's the age old thinking I'll do that quick! Which then turns into a nightmare and 4 hours longer than you had figured! Hope once you get healed up it doesn't go too bad for you!

Ryan

I don't miss installing them at all! And I feel your pain...it's the age old thinking I'll do that quick! Which then turns into a nightmare and 4 hours longer than you had figured! Hope once you get healed up it doesn't go too bad for you!

Ryan
Many thanks. I suspect it will go fine and take far too long. My wife is leaving me solo in a couple weeks so I can swear endlessly at it while I work and have a few beers. Probably for the best.

Reactions: OldSmoke
Sounds fun.lol!!!
Doesn't your drain, connect to the air gap fitting then into the garbage disposal? Or if you don't have garbage disposal, doesn't it drain from the air gap fitting to the 1 1/2 tailpiece that is connected to your sinks basket strainer?

Doesn't your drain, connect to the air gap fitting then into the garbage disposal?
It does connect to the garbage disposal, but there is no air gap fitting. It’s just an anti siphon loop above the disposal drain. That’s how it’s always been plumbed I did it once and the plumber did the same thing when they redid the under sink fitting during the reno.

Reactions: forktender
My wife HATES her Bosch. . .Cleans well enough but you can't get anything into them. Racks are restrictive and will not allow dishes of different thickness to fit properly.
Its been pretty good to us till lately. when new it was silent. Not its anything but…. My feeling on dishwashers and most appliances is this. Use them till they stop and completely die. Then replace. This lovely unit is 9 years old. I think till go a few more. I check prices for a new one…and this baby is gonna be running till it dies For sure!

I was gonna offer my cussing services! And make sure to hold your tongue just right! :emoji_blush:

Ryan
Too funny. My wife is leaving in a couple weeks to see some fam. I’ll do it then so she doesn’t witness the intense swearing and sailor talk. It stresses her out, but it helps me immensely.

Yup . I just put a new control board , ice maker , heated drain tube , and evap heater tab in a Samsung fridge fridge that's only 5 years old . Thanks again Mike .
Not afraid to spend money , but why buy something else that's gonna quit in a couple years .

Reactions: sandyut
Not afraid to spend money , but why buy something else that's gonna quit in a couple years .
Exactly!!! Appliance parts are very easy to get And far cheaper than a whole new unit.

Reactions: chopsaw
Appliance parts are very easy to get And far cheaper than a whole new unit.
I bought that stuff as a kit ( known Samsung problem that they should pay for )
From a place that was great to deal with . He had great videos on the repairs .
I think it was Parts Dr.

I bought that stuff as a kit ( known Samsung problem that they should pay for )
WOW! Seem like they should have sent these parts proactively or at least asked people if they wanted them.

Reactions: chopsaw
It was a wide spread problem . Law suits in some states . I had bought a 5 year extended warranty too . 6 months after purchase date it started .
Years of torment , Lol . I'm not into long aggravating phone conversations , so for 200 bucks it's been working great .

Hope that ankle heals up good, & soon, so you can get back in action!
Mrs Bear only uses our Dishwasher once or twice a year, after big Holiday Dinners.
We don't dirty many dishes, so she does them by hand in the sink all the other times.

Bear

Hope that ankle heals up good, & soon, so you can get back in action!
Many thanks! Getting close to wearing both shoes again! About 10 more days in the walking boot with minor crutch assistance on longer travels. PT starts next Friday. That is what I very excited for.

the ankle looks horrible still, but I can stand on it and take a daily shower again. Doc says it like be huge and swollen like it is for about a year.

Soon as both shoes on my feet, I’m making some food!

Absolutely the WORSE money I've ever spent
AMEN to that !!! Are you still using it ? mike243 mike243 pointed me in the right direction , and I think I have it fixed . It's already made more ice and hasn't froze up longer than when it was new ! If you still have it I can tell you what mike helped me with and what I did .
They should be responsible for the repairs . No doubt about that . I think some people got money or a replacement / repairs . I can't argue past a couple words before I want to start swinging .

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Many thanks! Getting close to wearing both shoes again! About 10 more days in the walking boot with minor crutch assistance on longer travels. PT starts next Friday. That is what I very excited for.

the ankle looks horrible still, but I can stand on it and take a daily shower again. Doc says it like be huge and swollen like it is for about a year.

Soon as both shoes on my feet, I’m making some food!

Yup---Usually some bad timing can make things harder than they should be:
When I broke my first ankle, it was right before the "Traveling Vietnam War Memorial" came to Quakertown, and I couldn't miss that. So the cast was barely dry, and I had to go from the parking lot, about 200 yards across Memorial Park to get to the wall, on crutches.
Then I get all the way down there, and they don't even have any chairs, or benches to sit on & take a Breather!! You'd think they'd take care of living Veterans better, while they visit the Brothers they lost.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky