Bosch Dishwasher repairs…UGH!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I can't even begin to tell you how aggravated and disappointed I am with them and my refrigerator. Absolutely the WORSE money I've ever spent and will not happen again...
I have heard nothing but bad things about Samsung appliances. We bought our house in 2016 and it came with all new appliances. Everything except the range is Whirlpool Gold series. Guess which appliance failed and couldn't be repaired? The Samsung range. It has since been replaced with a not Samsung product!

Been there, what a pain!

We are getting a new dishwasher delivered today and I am NOT looking forward to the install! I am sure there will be a few choice words said and a few brews consumed!

Are you still using it ?
Yes, it's only 4 years old. I put a basket in the freezer to hold ice and I keep the ice bucket emptied into it. As long as it's making ice, it doesn't freeze up. I'll even dump the ice in the sink just to keep it making ice. If there's a fix, I'd love to hear about it...

Reactions: chopsaw
If there's a fix, I'd love to hear about it...
I'll shoot you a PM and some info . Stay tuned . I used to do HVAC and applince repair . So after Mike informed me , and I got my feet wet again , it was pretty easy . Lets fix it . Don't be held hostage by your ice maker !! LOl .

Last edited:
Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Yes, it's only 4 years old. I put a basket in the freezer to hold ice and I keep the ice bucket emptied into it. As long as it's making ice, it doesn't freeze up. I'll even dump the ice in the sink just to keep it making ice. If there's a fix, I'd love to hear about it...

Ours freezes up now & then, but I figure it's our fault, because we don't use enough ice.
If it doesn't run for a few days, the air gets in & they get stuck together enough to keep the feeder from working. So all we do is dump it out & let it make new ones, and it's back working good again. We never had a Fridge, with an ice maker without that problem.

Bear

If the hose loop hasn't been giving you trouble with draining. Or smelling. Then leave it be. Is the dishwasher top or side mounted? Aren't those springs adjustable. In all the years I've worked on appliances. I've only replaced the springs a few times. Usually leveling the dishwasher and adjusting the spring tension did the job.
Why do you think you need the right angle attachment?

Reactions: chopsaw
My wife HATES her Bosch. . .Cleans well enough but you can't get anything into them. Racks are restrictive and will not allow dishes of different thickness to fit properly.
Darn. And I just bought the mighty, mighty Bosch 800 as a bribe so my wife would let me buy a smoker. Ugh. New dishes, TOO?!?

This smoking thing is getting $$$.

Murph

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
If the hose loop hasn't been giving you trouble with draining. Or smelling. Then leave it be. Is the dishwasher top or side mounted? Aren't those springs adjustable. In all the years I've worked on appliances. I've only replaced the springs a few times. Usually leveling the dishwasher and adjusting the spring tension did the job.
Why do you think you need the right angle attachment?
Not sure what you mean about how its mounted. ITs on the floor and all the hoses and electrical come out the bottom.

As for the spring - pretty sure its on the bottle edge on both sides. I watched a bunch of vids on the repair. I heard one break and then the door just drops open unstrained.

The right angle drill thing would be used to mount the drain hose hanger. I not thrilled with the drain hose hanging on a zip tie Like it is now. So I would need to set a couple screws Between the sink and the back wall.

Reactions: Steve H
As for the spring - pretty sure its on the bottle edge on both sides. I watched a bunch of vids on the repair. I heard one break and then the door just drops open unstrained.

Ok, that isn't a common issue. But they are mounted as you said. I was curious as to how the dishwasher was mounted. Either to the bottom of the counter. Or the side. Was trying to figure out why you wanted the right angle drill attachment.

Ok, that isn't a common issue. But they are mounted as you said. I was curious as to how the dishwasher was mounted. Either to the bottom of the counter. Or the side. Was trying to figure out why you wanted the right angle drill attachment.
AHA. yeah side mounted. You ever use one of those right angle drivers? Seems like it could be handy...BUt I really need to empty the under-sink cabinet and get a better look at the whole sitch...which will be after im out of this boot and more healed.

I was told by an actual appliance repairman to stay away from Samsung and LG appliances.

Nah, stay away from samsungs high-end stuff. I've had Samsung appliances for years. Had a couple water valves go bad. And a defrost heater once. I still hang out with buddies that are still in the appliance repair business. I got out awhile back. Go tired of being on the road so much. LG is another matter. Their electronic stuff, TVs, speakers, etc are good. Appliances not so good.

AHA. yeah side mounted. You ever use one of those right angle drivers? Seems like it could be handy...BUt I really need to empty the under-sink cabinet and get a better look at the whole sitch...which will be after im out of this boot and more healed.

I have a right angle drill from Ryobi. Works great.
51Ffn1tvGyL._AC_SX466_ (1).jpg

That dewalt right angle attachment you pointed out should work. I never used them before.

Reactions: sandyut
Nah, stay away from samsungs high-end stuff. I've had Samsung appliances for years. Had a couple water valves go bad. And a defrost heater once. I still hang out with buddies that are still in the appliance repair business. I got out awhile back. Go tired of being on the road so much. LG is another matter. Their electronic stuff, TVs, speakers, etc are good. Appliances not so good.
Thanks Steve

John

I was told by an actual appliance repairman to stay away from Samsung and LG appliances.
Our daughter has an LG refrigerator, about 3 years old, and the compressor went out last year. LG has had such a problem with that particular compressor, a linear compressor, that they changed it out free of charge, no questions asked. They were also involved in a class action lawsuit over that compressor which was settled in 2020. The service tech said that they keep the replacements in stock all the time and it only took him maybe 30 minutes to do the repair. He said he's had plenty of experience changing them out...

When they first hit the market my wife saw a Samsung front load washer and dryer set that she thought she wanted. Of course being a new thing they weren't cheap but luckily she doesn't want a lot of things so the next day she worked I went and bought them brought them home and had everything ready to go when she got home. She was thrilled with them for about a month till the washer broke of course it was still under warranty. Service man came out figured out what the problem was and was going to get the part and come back out and fix it. He called us a day or two after he came out and said they couldn't get the part they were not available. Needless to say I was not a happy camper and the store where I bought it was not happy after I screamed, hollered, and cussed at them but of course that was after they told me there was nothing they could do to fix the washer nor would they give any kind of refund. Needless to say I won't buy anything that says Samsung on it anymore.
Sorry for the side track hope you get it fixed fairly easily.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky