Books on Smoking/Grilling

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ste6168

Original poster
Feb 21, 2017
Hey all,

My dad is retiring this month and as a retirement gift, my brothers and I are going to get him a Kamado Joe with some accessories. He's mentioned many times about getting one (I have an Akorn) so we figured we would jumpstart it for him.

Anyway, along with the grilling stuff, wanted to get him a book or two to go along with it. Possibly with some good recipes, how-to's, etc. A coffee stable style book would be nice, also, with a bunch of pictures... Any recommendations?

There are so many good books out there, hard to pin it down to one or two. That said, Jeff's book is a good place to start. I might also recommend a Premier Membership to this forum.

Your dad is going to love the Kamodo Joe.

Reactions: OldSmoke
Personally I feel this forum has all the info you need including the link to Jeff’s Book as mentioned above. There are topics on here that cover all angles for safe and delicious smoking. That’s a very nice gift for your Dad by the way. I’m sure he is going to love it.

Personally I feel this forum has all the info you need including the link to Jeff’s Book as mentioned above. There are topics on here that cover all angles for safe and delicious smoking. That’s a very nice gift for your Dad by the way. I’m sure he is going to love it.

While I agree, my dad is pretty old school, and part of his retirement plan is to "disconnect," so I am not sure he has interest in signing up for an online forum.

I absolutely loved the Barbecue Bible from Steve Raichlen. My wife gave that to me along with the ribs companion book and the sauces/rubs companion book. I would think that could be a great place to get your feet wet. There have to be tons of great books out there. These books really started me down the path to serious barbecue. That would be my recommendation.

George

I recommend Big Bob Gibson bbq book by Chris Lilly. it has a lot about how to and recipe's and very instructional.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Man, I can't believe Franklin's excellent book was not up first on the list!
You can go from a newby to a seasoned smoker after reading it a few times.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky