• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Books on Smoking/Grilling

ste6168

Joined Feb 21, 2017
Hey all,

My dad is retiring this month and as a retirement gift, my brothers and I are going to get him a Kamado Joe with some accessories. He's mentioned many times about getting one (I have an Akorn) so we figured we would jumpstart it for him.

Anyway, along with the grilling stuff, wanted to get him a book or two to go along with it. Possibly with some good recipes, how-to's, etc. A coffee stable style book would be nice, also, with a bunch of pictures... Any recommendations?

oldsmokerdude

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2018
There are so many good books out there, hard to pin it down to one or two. That said, Jeff's book is a good place to start. I might also recommend a Premier Membership to this forum.

Your dad is going to love the Kamodo Joe.

dcecil

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 3, 2018
Personally I feel this forum has all the info you need including the link to Jeff’s Book as mentioned above. There are topics on here that cover all angles for safe and delicious smoking. That’s a very nice gift for your Dad by the way. I’m sure he is going to love it.

ste6168

Joined Feb 21, 2017
Personally I feel this forum has all the info you need including the link to Jeff’s Book as mentioned above. There are topics on here that cover all angles for safe and delicious smoking. That’s a very nice gift for your Dad by the way. I’m sure he is going to love it.
While I agree, my dad is pretty old school, and part of his retirement plan is to "disconnect," so I am not sure he has interest in signing up for an online forum.

RiversideSm0ker

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 30, 2018
I absolutely loved the Barbecue Bible from Steve Raichlen. My wife gave that to me along with the ribs companion book and the sauces/rubs companion book. I would think that could be a great place to get your feet wet. There have to be tons of great books out there. These books really started me down the path to serious barbecue. That would be my recommendation.

George

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013
Jeff's book is really cool. If you can find a copy you might also try Peace Love and Barbecue or BBQ Makes Everything Better.

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 11, 2013
I recommend Big Bob Gibson bbq book by Chris Lilly. it has a lot about how to and recipe's and very instructional.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

UGAsmokin

Joined Nov 8, 2019
Myron Mixon has some good books out. I suggest starting with his basic book named "Smokin'"

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.