Boneless turkey breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hank2000

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 10, 2015
Louisville, ms
I love smoked turkey sandwiches. I’ve been looking for a boneless turkey breast to smoke and make my own sandwich meat. But where I live we don’t seem to have that. All we have here is Walmart and a locally owned store. So I’m asking where do y’all buy yours at if you buy that sort of thing?

That's odd, nearly every supermarket around here will have frozen boneless turkey breast available. Could you ask the meat guy at your local store to order one in for you? We like them cured, smoked and sliced deli thin for sandwiches.

Hank. They are also readily available to me in very northern New York.
Braz. Could you elaborate on your process on curing and smoking a whole turkey breast? They sound delicious. Thanks

I have seen them at walmart up here, I am going to do some soon as well, We were given a 27# turkey which was way to big for us so I ended up breaking it down. Already smoked the legs wings and thighs. That was a hit with the family, So now I have the breasts in the fridge thawing and am going to brine them and smoke them for sandwiches.

I’ve tried asking for pork bellies they ack like I’m from another planet. But I will try

Hank you might want to try a different grocery store. I worked the meat department of walmart when I was in college and they don't know anything there. They also do not carry pork belly at all.

Look near the frozen Turkey's and you may find a Honeysuckle boneless or bone-in turkey breast. If they have either option I would put money on the bone-in. You would then need to thaw it and then debone the beast yourself.
Once deboned you will be ready to rock.

Word of advise on the bones and left over parts. There really isn't much meat on it so I would suggest you smoke it in a pan under the breast and and eat on it like a caveman when the meat is done. The other option is to just throw it in a pot and make stock or a chicken/turkey vegetable soup and add some more meat and then pull the carcass/bones out and toss it.

I had two bone-in breast carcasses/bones and smoked them with the breast and then pulled the meat off the bones and it took like 2 hours to get maybe 8-9 ounces of scrap meat. Next time I'll just throw it in my InstantPot pressure cooker and make stock and then immediately make a soup from the stock :)

Best of luck!

In my local grocery today. Butterball & Honeysuckle brands.

20180126_130103.jpg

I'm having the same issue. None of the stores in my area seem to have this. Fred Meyer, Costco, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's. Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Yeah only have 2 grocery stores in this little town. Walmart and a locally owned one. It’s hard to find anything. I have to drive 40 miles to go to a good grocery store I make the trip once a month

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky