Boneless Turkey Breast (Rotisserie)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Boneless Turkey Breast (Rotisserie)

Finally got a chance to put this little Football on my Air Fryer Rotisserie.
It works pretty good, if you have something that fits in that small area.
The thing I dislike about it is how it stops at one spot for awhile—Then jumps real fast to catch up.
It’s something in the gearing, because it does it without any meat on the Spit. I saw the same thing awhile ago on YouTube, but I can’t find it when I look for it.
The guy opened up the side & showed the problem, but I don’t remember what he said, I only played it once.

I doubt if I’ll use this Rotisserie much, but I love everything else about this Air Fryer.
This is why I got my Old Showtime Rotisserie Out & fixed the power cord.

So I thawed this little Football out, and put it on the Spit.
You have to leave the Net bag on, or it will fall apart!!
Then I coated it with olive oil & some Poultry Seasoning.
Then into place for the spit, and set it for “Rotisserie, @ 325°, for 60 minutes.
I checked it @ 59 minutes, and it was at 158°, so I basted it with melted Butter, and restarted it.
I basted with Butter every few minutes until 20 minutes later, it was done @ 172° IT.
I Killed the heat, and let it rotate for another 10 minutes, before removing it.

Then I put it on my 56 year old cutting board & sliced it into 1/4” slices, mostly for Sammies. I made that Cutting Board in 10th Grade Shop class.
Note: Bear Jr removed the old feet from my old Cutting Board, and ran it through his Double Drum Sander a few times, and cleaned it all up, put new feet on it & Re-oiled it——Just like it was New, 56 years ago, when I made it.

I made the first Sammy with Kraft Sandwich Spread, and the second night’s Sammy with Miracle Whip.
As I expected, I like the Miracle Whip on Cold Turkey better than the Sandwich Spread.

So that shows that I prefer the Sandwich Spread:
By itself in a Sammy
On Burgers
With Fried Shrimp & Fried Scallops
With all kinds of Fried Fish
And Sandwich Spread is not my favorite on Cold Chicken or Cold Turkey Sammies—Miracle Whip is.

BTW: With that first Supper, while the Turkey was still Hot, we had sides of Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken Soup for Gravy, and Creamed Corn.

And the rest of the Week was Cold Turkey Sammies, without sides.

Thanks for stopping by,

Bear

Seasoned Breast on Spit, set @ 325° for 1 hour:
IMG_4841.jpg

Closer Look:
IMG_4842.jpg

Pulled at 172°, after 80 minutes, and a 10 minute rotating rest:
IMG_4843.jpg

All sliced up on My 56 year old Cutting Board, mainly for Sammies:
IMG_4844.jpg

Bear's first Supper----Turkey Ends, Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken for Gravy, and Creamed Corn:
IMG_4846.jpg

Leftover for Sammies:
IMG_4847.jpg

First Cold Turkey Sammy, with Sandwich Spread on the Roll:
IMG_4850.jpg

Then a few Slices of Cold Bird:
IMG_4851.jpg

Nice little Sammy:
IMG_4852.jpg

Second Night's Sammy---Miracle Whip on Roll, and a few Slices of Cold Turkey:
IMG_4853.jpg

MMMMMMmmmmm.................:
IMG_4854.jpg

Third Night's Sammy-----Some of Jeff's BBQ Sauce on 3 half rolls:
IMG_4855.jpg

Cover with Hot Bird & Eat with Fork:
IMG_4856.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4848.jpg
    IMG_4848.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 18
Looks Great !! I love Fresh Roasted turkey and Left overs

"Like"

Gary

Bear, perfect timing as we have a couple (the all breast variety like yours) in the freezer and my wife just said she wants to have a smoked one next weekend.

Yours looks superb!

Another great job by "Mr Sammy" !!

LIKE!

John

Well Bear, you done went and done it again. Got me thinking about doing one of these. I have a 9# turkey breast roast in the freezer. I'd probably have to cut it down and I'd have to use the 360 but this seems like a really nice meal for sure!! We are looking at cooler temps for the next several days and a week of rain so this could make a great meal without having to deal with the weather. I suppose I could roll the SM a little further under the patio roof and use the rotisserie on that but it'd kinda be overkill for something that small :emoji_astonished: Great job as usual and thanks for sharing.

Robert

Looks real good Bear! I like turkey sandwiches. Ive done the bneless roasts before but not on a rotisserie. The last one I did I cured in pops brine and coated in course black pepper . smoked and sliced thin. It didnt hold together well when sliced thin but I really liked the cured flavor for cold lunch sandwiches. I kept it in the netting the whole time until slicing.
8009.jpeg
if you like the cured flavor on turkey I bet it would be good on the rotisserie. And it might hold together better thick sliced like you did yours.

I just love those things. I always have at least one in the freezer all the time. Just did one on the Santa Maria rotisserie a couple of weeks ago. It looks like a perfect fit for your little oven! Can’t beat a turkey Sammie!!
Al

I wouldn't pass any of those meals up bear they all look great. love the cutting board what did ya make out of.

Looks good bear

Thank You Jake!!

Bear

Bear, perfect timing as we have a couple (the all breast variety like yours) in the freezer and my wife just said she wants to have a smoked one next weekend.

Yours looks superb!

Another great job by "Mr Sammy" !!

LIKE!

John

Thank You John!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Well Bear, you done went and done it again. Got me thinking about doing one of these. I have a 9# turkey breast roast in the freezer. I'd probably have to cut it down and I'd have to use the 360 but this seems like a really nice meal for sure!! We are looking at cooler temps for the next several days and a week of rain so this could make a great meal without having to deal with the weather. I suppose I could roll the SM a little further under the patio roof and use the rotisserie on that but it'd kinda be overkill for something that small :emoji_astonished: Great job as usual and thanks for sharing.

Robert

Thank You Robert!!
Yeah, there isn't much to these Breasts, but the #360 Rotisserie doesn't hold much either.
I don't plan on using it much either, because I don't like the way it stops & starts on every revolution!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I Haven’t seen the birthday cutting board used yet Bear?

Thank You Jabiru!!
LOL---I just don't have the Heart to put a Cut mark in that Beautiful Board.
He keeps telling me to use it, and He'll run it through his sander if Needed, but I just can't do it.

Bear

Looks great. The cutting board is very cool. Bev just picked up 2 Turkey Breasts that went on sale. I have been cooking Turkey Breast to 155-160°F, with a rest, awhile now. Gives a super juicy result with a tender tight texture similar to Ham. It makes a really nice sandwich...JJ

Are you sure that is not just the weight distribution? My game hens did that also because almost impossible to get weight evened out with those birds. We have an older Farberware rotisserie indoor grill that does the same thing with uneven weight. I'll have to try something that is evenly distributed and see next time.
I don't plan on using it much either, because I don't like the way it stops & starts on every revolution!!

Are you sure that is not just the weight distribution? My game hens did that also because almost impossible to get weight evened out with those birds. We have an older Farberware rotisserie indoor grill that does the same thing with uneven weight. I'll have to try something that is evenly distributed and see next time.

Try what I did----Put it on empty---Just the Empty Spit.
Still does it---There's the Proof.
A guy on YouTube showed what the problem was, but I only caught a glimpse of it & I can't locate that video since. It's not only mine & it's not caused by unbalanced food weight.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky