Boneless, Skinless, Naked Thighs (Oh My!!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Boneless, Skinless, Naked Thighs (Oh My!!)

Don’t anybody Get too excited, we’re talking Chicken Thighs here!!
I’m really getting to love these Boneless Thighs, if the price is right, now that I have the best Toy to make them with!!
This time they were $2.29 a pound, so we got 13 pounds of them.
So I Vac sealed 8 of them & froze them for another time, and Prepped 8 of them for my Air Fryer.

My previous experiments showed us that Naked was just as good as Breaded, so Naked it is.
So I coated them all with Olive Oil, then CBP, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder.
I put them in the Air Fryer, and set it @ 380° for 30 minutes.
Then I checked them at 22° (Not Done), added Jeff’s BBQ Sauce, and put them back in until 30 minutes was up.
They were all done just right, @ 30 minutes. I like my Chicken Done, and 180° or more doesn’t hurt a bit either.
So for the first night, I had 2 Thighs, Baked Tater, and some Creamed Corn (Haven’t had that in years).

The second night, I had 2 Thighs, some sliced & pan-fried Baked Tater, and some Leftover Creamed Corn.
I also made a puddle of Jeff’s BBQ Sauce, for dipping little slices of Chicken and the Fried Tater slices.

The third night found me slicing up the 2 last Thighs, toasting two rolls, and coating them with Jeff’s Sauce, and stacking some Chicken slices on the rolls to make 2 awesome Chicken Thigh Sammies.

These were 3 Awesome Meals, especially for a Bear that didn’t used to get excited about anything with feathers!

Thanks for Stopping By Guys & Gals!!

Bear

13 pounds of Boneless Skinless Thighs @ $2.29:
IMG_4711.jpg

Seasoned with Olive Oil, CBP, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder.
Removed most of the Fat---The rest will melt off in 30 minutes @ 380°:
IMG_4713.jpg

Checked @ 22 minutes:
IMG_4715.jpg

Bear's first night's Supper:
IMG_4716.jpg

A Mix for dipping---About 2/3 Jeff's BBQ Sauce, and 1/3 Frank's Hot Sauce:
IMG_4718.jpg

Frying up some slices of Previously Baked Tater---In lots of Butter:
IMG_4719.jpg

Building 2nd Night's Supper:
IMG_4720.jpg

Bear's Second Night's Supper, with Fried Previously Baked Tater & Creamed Corn: (Dip on the side)
IMG_4722.jpg

Prepping third night's Supper---Slicing last 2 Thighs:
IMG_4723.jpg

Toasting a couple rolls:
IMG_4724.jpg

Some of Jeff's Awesome BBQ Sauce:
IMG_4725.jpg

Stacking slices of Boneless Thighs on the rolls:
IMG_4726.jpg

Close-em up for Bear's Third Night's Supper:
IMG_4727.jpg

Nice work . That 360 makes great chicken , I'll have to try the boneless thighs . Love the taters like that , and that sandwich would hit the spot .

Reactions: Will Squared
Well, attacked by the Bear again, and the timing couldn't be more perfect!! After a previous post you did with the chicken thighs Tracy went out of town for a business trip and I had to make some in the 360 as you recommended. They were fantastic!! As fate would have it, she has two more lengthy trips coming up to host training seminars with upper echelon banking executives all over the state. Guess what I'm planning to make a couple of nights. Also gonna do some lobster and some scallops but chicken is at the top of the list. Thanks again for sharing sir!! Greatly appreciated and another big LIKE

Robert

Those look great Bear, I'd love to be sitting down to those thighs,Like. I debone and remove the skin for fried thighs often, always when making chicken sausage. When I buy the thighs for 99¢lb it works out to cost around $1.75 a pound by the time I'm done with the knife, I'd say you got a pretty darned good price! RAY

Nice work . That 360 makes great chicken , I'll have to try the boneless thighs . Love the taters like that , and that sandwich would hit the spot .

Thank You Rich!!
You just can't beat the Chicken from this Fryer!!
I just found something else it does great, but I won't say until I post it.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

You guys are really digging that 360, huh? Been a holdout on an airfryer as just seems a glorified convection oven, and mixed reviews for crispness for things like fries. But you guys are sorely tempting me ...:emoji_thinking:

But no matter where you cook them ... grill, smoker, airfryer, oven ... thighs are always my go-to chicken. See them for 1.99 here about once a month and scarf up a batch. Last batch was bacon-wrapped, next might be inspired by you to go naked :emoji_fearful:

You guys are really digging that 360, huh? Been a holdout on an airfryer as just seems a glorified convection oven, and mixed reviews for crispness for things like fries. But you guys are sorely tempting me ...:emoji_thinking:

Yes, we are digging our 360 air fryers. I've not done as many things in mine as Bear has in his, but everything I've done is beyond reproach, especially the fries. I had a basic $89 air fryer that wasn't worth much due to the design. There wasn't a lot of capacity even though it had a large basket. You could only get one layer of anything in it so all it was used for was fries. This 360 is a game changer though. It has a lot more versatility, a lot more functionality, and vastly more space. Of course the amount of crispness you get on your fries is entirely up to you. We like ours nice and browned, lightly crispy, but not cooked to a crisp throughout. I cut them thick so I can get that nice brown and still have a meaty fry. Here is a batch I did recently. Again though, you can cut smaller or cook longer to get your desired doneness.
018.jpg

To us, that is a perfect batch of fries. Another thing I did recently was chicken fried steak. OMG!! That was so good!! Something about the way that 360 cooks is just beyond my limited vocabulary but all I can say is that it works VERY well.

Got Bear to thank for this one,
Robert

Those fries look perfect to me too. Friends have a Breville that they love, but pricey. This is going to have to go on my gadget list.

You said it right my friend "OH MY" everything looks great. just wondering where the pickled eggs are though :emoji_wink:

Looks great Bear! I would buy a 360 just for chicken alone. Yours looks delicious!

Like!!

Thank You Joe!!
Yup, it makes a lot of Great Stuff!!
Fish is right up there with Chicken!
Fries are tasty & Healthy too.
I think it will make any fried food Great.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great color on those thighs. I've never tried the boneless skinless thighs. I'll try them on my next smoke.

Thank You Steve!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Well, attacked by the Bear again, and the timing couldn't be more perfect!! After a previous post you did with the chicken thighs Tracy went out of town for a business trip and I had to make some in the 360 as you recommended. They were fantastic!! As fate would have it, she has two more lengthy trips coming up to host training seminars with upper echelon banking executives all over the state. Guess what I'm planning to make a couple of nights. Also gonna do some lobster and some scallops but chicken is at the top of the list. Thanks again for sharing sir!! Greatly appreciated and another big LIKE

Robert

Thank You Robert!!
Glad you're enjoying that Air Fryer Chicken!!
Give Breaded Fish Fillets a Try too---Awesome!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great Bear. Any tricks on how to actually get the chicken "crispy"?
I have not been able to even with a coating. It is still delicious and juice regardless.

Nice meal sorry meals. You have a back up 360 you going to ware that one out.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Nope, no back-up, other than our little black "Power AirFryer".
I guess if we had to we could make 2 thighs at a time in that.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looking good Bear! I use the naked thighs all the time.

Thank You Steve!!
I never tried them until about a year ago, and we love them.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky