Boneless Pork Butt

Discussion in 'Pork' started by kurt boutin, Aug 29, 2016.

1. kurt boutin

kurt boutin Fire Starter

Second time with this...

Here's the before Q View

More when it's done.  In a fit of insanity, I started this at 4:30pm this afternoon.  Guess who's going to be checking every hour or so tonight...

Smoker's sitting right at 225 - Butt is at 151 right now and may be in the middle of the stall...

2. noboundaries

noboundaries Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

So far so good!  It's about 3 AM your time as I type this.  Should be getting close to being done!

3. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks good so far!

Al

4. kurt boutin

kurt boutin Fire Starter

Ok, about 6am here...Pork is slowing rising in temp...it's at 169 right now.  I kicked the smoker temp up a little bit because I got $#!T to do today. :)  I'd rather not finish in the oven, but will if I have to.

Kurt

5. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I'm in.

Gary

6. kurt boutin

kurt boutin Fire Starter

Kicked the temp up to 266...butt is at 187 right now.   Leaving it in for another 20 minutes, then I'll wrap it in foil shove it in a cooler until I can get back to it.  I think it'll be fine. :)

7. kurt boutin

kurt boutin Fire Starter

Just an FYI, it got to about 189 and I had to pull it from the smoker.  I wrapped in foil, threw it in a cooler, and left for the day to do my work.  I came back around 4:30 to do the actual pulling of the pork. It was still almost hot (very warm).  It pulled amazingly easy and was very juicy.  Good eats for dinner tonight!

No Q-View of that because I forgot...I think I could take a pic of the pulled outcome...I'll do that when I prepare dinner tonight.

Kurt

8. kurt boutin

kurt boutin Fire Starter

Final Q-View

9. smokeymose

smokeymose Master of the Pit

I'd take a bun full of that!
    Next time try cooking a little hotter? 240 or 250. It'll get done quicker and the stall won't last so long. You'll still want to wrap in a cooler for an hour or so to make it pull perfect...