Boneless Leg O' Lamb w/ Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

solaryellow

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 26, 2009
Orlando, FL
Let me qualify this by saying I have never been a fan of lamb. I like it when mixed with beef and turned into a gyro but have never liked it any other way. That all changed this weekend. Wifey asked me to throw a lamb on with the brisket and meatloaf this weekend so after scouring many threads in this forum I came up with a rub. My rub consisted of rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper. I then stuffed the leg with cloves of garlic. It then went on the smoker using hickory chunks and apple chips until it hit an internal temp of 140*.

I am now a fan of lamb. I even surprised myself by slicing off a second piece without thinking about it. Thanks for the inspiration folks!
biggrin.gif

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

Man that looks delicious, I have never really liked lamb but if that tasted as good as it looks I think I would like it too...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

That lamb looks great! I love lamb and smoke it, grill it etc frequently. Congratulations on discovering a new dish that you enjoy. My motto has always been "I'll try any dish Twice" if I didn't like it the first time it might have been poorly prepared.

Scott

Nice looking Lamb.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I have made 4 and the first 3 Carol thought it was beef and loved it. The last one she must have seen the label and wouldn't eat it after finding out it was lamb.
icon_redface.gif

Man, that's some great looking lamb! Congratulations on a job well done! Mrs Rivet won't let me smoke the ones in our freezer 'cause she says they're hers and she wants them the usual way~ roasted in the oven
icon_neutral.gif

The 2 fat kids that live in my house love lamb any way I grill it, smoke it, or no there's no other way. So solar that is some really good looking lamb you have there
points.gif
for not thinking you wouldn't like it. You said last night that you put a whole head of garlic in it so I had second thoughts but it looks really.

Hey Rivet you should pull a Ron on your wife and tell hers it's beef.

Wow - that looks really, really good! I've got a leg in the freezer I've got to get smoked. Thanks for the motivation!

Bootiful lamb you have there. I got to smoke one, but not alot of places to purchase in SE Texas. I eat lamb overseas and think it is great. Good job!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky