Boneless country style ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dgross

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 21, 2006
The boonies of NC
Hi everyone :) ! Just wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions on how to smoke bonless country style pork ribs. I've never cooked these before and the recepies I'm finding on cooks.com look poor. We plan on trying these on Sun. so any info would be deeply appreciated!! Thanks in advance, Daun

Well, throw some rub on em (see rubs in forum), wrap in plastic wrap, let set in fridge overnight, take em out and reseason (there is a lot of meat, unlike a bone in, so season well) put on smoker (not touching) between 220° and 240°, let em go, spritz occasionally with apple juice and bourbon (or no bourbon) when they reach 165° , loosely wrap in foil with a little apple juice spilled in. Take to 180°-185°, then take back out foil for 1/2 hour (be careful, they will be so tender they might fall through grate, sauce if ya want, watch so sauce donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t burn. Then eat em! Damn! Now Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m hungry! :oops:
Good Luck!

Daun,
I've never done the boneless ribs but if I were to start a batch of them right now, I think I would treat them just as a pork butt. When preparing them, slather (I just love that word) them with a nice coating of ball park mustard. Then apply your favorite rub..... I like to do this about 12 to 14 hours ahead of putting them into the smoker. Then smoke them low and slow until an internal of about 165 *. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce on the side. It may not be perfect but it's a good starting place and can be adjusted as necessary.... IMHO.

Thanks for the great ideas gentlemen 8) !! Up in smoke, I think I like the Jack Daniels spritz-It'll liven things up a bit around here
wink.gif
. Since I bought 2 packs of ribs, I think I'll try both of your ideas and see which one my tastebuds pefer :) . Thanks again for being so ready to help :D ! This site is becoming addictive :twisted: !! Daun

Country style is butt that has been cut to what you purchased. Can be handled like butt as far as rub and saucing are considered. cook to about 185 to 190 internal and enjoy.

Well, we attempted the ribs but they didn't turn out as good as I had hoped :( . I think a lot of it had to do with the choice of meat that I used. There was a lot of connective tissue and also, the fire got too hot for too long. Oh well, there is always next time and at least the flavor was good even if the texture wasn't the best. My hubby thinks that they didn't cook long enough so I'm going to put the leftovers in the oven and cook them at 300 for an hour or so this afternoon. Will post pics once the hubby gets home-he's the 'puter guru around here :) . Hope everyone had a good weekend and look forward to reading the most recent posts! Daun

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky