Boat made it home

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'll second the Kroil , but I stumbled across one called Open and Shut . That stuff is amazing . You can get it on Amazon .

Biggest problem is the trailer hitch to low. Drops almost 4". I could not even get into storage I rented. Bottoms out on front of trailer. Receiver been in there for 20 years. Going to try spraying PB Blaster on it for a week. Not sure it going to ever come out.
If the drawbar is rusted into the receiver, then a tree and a chain as Chris gmc2003 gmc2003 suggested.
Use Kroil, it is the best out there for this or mix up some ATF (trans fluid) and acetone. PB and WD are not that great, especially on rusted bolts
I'll second the Kroil , but I stumbled across one called Open and Shut . That stuff is amazing . You can get it on Amazon .
Third for Kroil...

I cant seem to find Open and Shut
This is it . Pack of 3 ,,, $90.00 . I used to get it from my buddy that worked for Kent Auto . Holy crap . I told you it was good . I had no idea it was that expensive .

Grab some Kroil .

Reactions: MJB05615
This is it . Pack of 3 ,,, $90.00 . I used to get it from my buddy that worked for Kent Auto . Holy crap . I told you it was good . I had no idea it was that expensive .

Grab some Kroil .
New trailer hitch not to expensive but trying to find one for mine be hard. Guy suppose to come look at my electrical but no word. About the norm now.

Yessir! Congrats on finding what you wanted and getting it home! We know who the SMF guide in your area is now!!

I see a good chain and a sturdy tree in your future.

Chris
That has been my go too for a few projects.

New trailer hitch not to expensive but trying to find one for mine be hard. Guy suppose to come look at my electrical but no word. About the norm now.
Check with a junk yard. I've got one 2 blocks away from home and he gives them away

Brian if ya have 2 big hammers hold one on left side of receiver and use other one and smack it hard on right side. Then repeat and do it the opposite way...not sure if it will work but works for loosening old galvanized water pipes without snapping them off.

Ryan

Reactions: bigfurmn
Spray with Kroil twice a day for a few days then take the pin out and back into a concrete wall a few times, it works more often than not. (we used to do this at the Marina that I worked at).
Kroil is the best breakfree out there, we used it on 100 yr old 12'' mechanical steam flanges and 3'' nuts and bolts on the Golden Gate and SF Bay Bridges.

Good luck.

Had a lock pin rotted 3/4 of the way through, lesion learned remove hitch when not using, 5-6 years and never thought nothing about it

Spray with Kroil twice a day for a few days then take the pin out and back into a concrete wall a few times, it works more often than not. (we used to do this at the Marina that I worked at).
Kroil is the best breakfree out there, we used it on 100 yr old 12'' mechanical steam flanges and 3'' nuts and bolts on the Golden Gate and SF Bay Bridges.

Good luck.
Is this the right one:

Just remember...no video...never happened! We can even cuss for ya if ya need!

Ryan

Reactions: bigfurmn
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky