Boat made it home

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Finally got boat. I hope paper work in order. Texas is very picky and boat is titled in New Mexico and they don't have separate titles for boat and motor but boat was bought in Texas so there is a title for motor. Pretty sure it going to be crazy at the court house tomorrow. All ready working on burnt trailer light bulb. I thought I was still a young man and jumped out of boat. Boy I going to feel that tomorrow. Between getting in and out than getting that cover on I am wore out! My 25 year old Jeep had all it could do to tow this thing. Glad I got Alum. We need to upgrade at some point but that going to have to be a while! Been looking around 2015 models but they still over $30,000. I need to find a girl friend with a truck I guess! Well time to get insurance started and look for a storage close to the lake now. Also need to get one of those trailer auto latches so it locks on when you drive boat on trailer.

20220322_113902.jpg

20220322_113919.jpg

Congrats. Sounds like it might take a little effort to get’er legal. But should be worth it

Congrats Brian! Hope the worst part is over, the waiting, right? You'll git 'er done. You got it and that's the main thing. Keep us posted. Great day!

As for a used new tow vehicle…. If you can hold out prices may eventually drop some day but used cars are selling at a premium. We sold one last oct at20-25% over blue book very easily

WAY TO GO BRAIN!! Glad it finally made it home and hopefully the title transfer will be painless.

Robert

Congrats Brian! I think the fish are going to "pay" for that purchase! That is a really nice set up!

Oh I forgot to mention that Kenny Chesney's "Guys Named Captain" is now part of your world!

Nice looking boat Brian. Enjoy it. Rear coil air bags should help with that squat on your Jeep. Plus it's a whole lot cheaper then a new vehicle.

Chris

Nice looking boat Brian. Enjoy it. Rear coil air bags should help with that squat on your Jeep. Plus it's a whole lot cheaper then a new vehicle.

Chris
I had them installed when had last boat but was over twenty years ago. They have not worked in years.

I just went and looked and they gone. Guess they disintegrated.

Last edited:
Nice One Brian!!
A long time ago, I had a Hole that I threw money into.
It was smaller than yours---17' Skeeter.
Didn't get a chance to use it much, so sold it.
Lets Smoke some Fish!!!
Like.

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky