BLT - Kettle Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Holy smoked bacon Batman that is a BLT samich! Very nicely done and I’m glad I could help inspire it a little bit!
Thanks Civil, When I saw your post I knew I couldn't get the beef ribs around here, but the tomato was a possibility.
Nicely done Chris!
You can’t beat garden fresh tomatoes!
Appreciate it Justin, totally agree nothing like fresh. We eat them like apples when they're in season.

Chris

What a great idea! I never thought of making the bacon that way. And that tomato looks fabulous.
Thanks Mark, It allows for more bacon per bite, and I like the melted cheese on it.

Chris

Great looking sandwich Chris, and of coarse who really does not like bacon done up the way you weave it.

And like you said , nice to have a couple cooks treats just kicking around , lol
and I see you are still pointing nor east, lol

David

Reactions: gmc2003
Thanks David, Yeah I noticed pointer too. I'll either have to start cooking earlier or later. At least I'm using Canadian white bread. That must count for bonus points.

Chris

Thanks David, Yeah I noticed pointer too. I'll either have to start cooking earlier or later. At least I'm using Canadian white bread. That must count for bonus points.

Chris
Ha ha on the shadow, funny.
Now I wanted to ask , what are you calling Canadian Bread and why is it called that . Or did you happen to buy a loaf of bread in Canada on one of your trips. lol

David

Reactions: gmc2003
Love that weave as well! The blt looks tasty as heck! And I agree...can't beat garden fresh maters! About the only thing missing is a slice of fresh apple pie! :emoji_laughing:

Ryan

Ha ha on the shadow, funny.
Now I wanted to ask , what are you calling Canadian Bread and why is it called that . Or did you happen to buy a loaf of bread in Canada on one of your trips. lol

David
No road trip to Canada for the bread David. A few local(kind of local) commercial bakeries make it here in the US. The big difference is that it's firmer then normal white bread.

Love that weave as well! The blt looks tasty as heck! And I agree...can't beat garden fresh maters! About the only thing missing is a slice of fresh apple pie! :emoji_laughing:

Ryan
Appreciate it Ryan, The apple pie would have tasted great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Why didn't you remind me when I was making the BLT. LOL

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
No road trip to Canada for the bread David. A few local(kind of local) commercial bakeries make it here in the US. The big difference is that it's firmer then normal white bread.

Yes I think I know what you mean, there is a bakery/factory close by that we have been using for many years.
It was good nice sandwich bread. But now if we happen to be in Walmart and need bread ( Great Value ) we find it almost too soft to even make a peanut butter sandwich. :emoji_disappointed:

David

ps: Yes apple pie would have been nice as Ryan Brokenhandle Brokenhandle mentioned lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky