Blackstone in my Future - Marinated Pork Strips/peppers Sub Sandwich

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Blackstone in my Future - Marinated Pork Strips/peppers Sub Sandwich

I have cooked on a lot of griddles, did not think I would ever miss them.
But my flat griddle/grill for the Q is not cutting it , and with all the foods you guys are putting out, ( Blacktop in my future )
I wanted a stir fry sub.
DSC_4906.JPG

This is todays supper. I marinated the strips of pork in the same bag as my meal on Sunday https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t... Lime Pork Chops and Gnocchi,-Thread in 'Pork
DSC_4908.JPG DSC_4911.JPG DSC_4912.JPG

Fried on the griddle until browned up nice, added a splash of lime juice to clean up the carnalized bits to add with the pork, you want to keep that flavor stuck on the surface
Fry up the peppers and red onions, toast the sub bun

Add Lynch's Honey Mustard sauce to the toasted bun,
Load it up with lettuce, peppers and onions
Top with the hot pork, Mozza cheese

DSC_4913.JPG

DSC_4914.JPG

Put this under the broiler for 3 minutes... just beautiful

DSC_4915.JPG

While this was cooking I put in the oven spiced Potato Wedges, But i added lots more of the Sriracha/Lime Blend to the spuds

All plated up with My pickled Radishes-Onions-and Jalapeno Peppers, and some Sweet Gherkins

DSC_4916.JPG

DSC_4917.JPG

Was very filling , and lots of flavors, like I said I really enjoy what Lime does to foods

Thanks for looking ,
Now I think I will be looking for a new Griddle for the Deck, I do have lots of room for one, just have to convince some one it is a necessity. :emoji_sunglasses::emoji_laughing:

David

Love my Blackstone, don’t use it as much as I’d like but life happens. Something tells me DRKsmoking DRKsmoking you will turn out things on there I could only dream of. Can’t wait to see it.

That's kind of what I always thought, I have my big BBQ and my smoker in the Smokers Shed . But with what I have seen the folks here put out. Makes me want to try my hand at some of the foods also.

That was very nice of you to say, thank you

David

Reactions: bigfurmn
Looks so amazing! I think that making a great sandwich is an under appreciated art form, you nailed it! I demands the “Phili hunch”🤣

I hear you on the blackstone, I was going to pick one up last weekend, but ended up getting it added to the rig I should be picking up in July!

Great work David! Can’t wait to see what you do with a flattop!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks great David, I would also love to have a griddle, but with our weather and my work schedule. It would probably only get used a couple times a year.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks darn right delicious! A BlackStone is a great investment. I have the 22"one. And is perfect for our needs.

Thanks Steve for the like and the comment

It was one of the better subs I have had for a while. Going to bass Pro next week to look over the options of Blackstones

David

Looks so amazing! I think that making a great sandwich is an under appreciated art form, you nailed it! I demands the “Phili hunch”🤣

I hear you on the blackstone, I was going to pick one up last weekend, but ended up getting it added to the rig I should be picking up in July!

Great work David! Can’t wait to see what you do with a flattop!

Ha ha ha on the Phili hunch, don't want to drip any on my good Hawaiian Shirt

Thanks Jed for the like and the comment
Can't wait to see your new rig when it comes in.

David

Reactions: bauchjw
Looks great David, I would also love to have a griddle, but with our weather and my work schedule. It would probably only get used a couple times a year.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the comment

Totally understand about time to use things , as I'm always busy and summer it is even worse. Everyone wants work done right away and don't understand why I can't get to it when they call. I try to help out regular customers first . But still most get put on the list. I have a hard time saying no to work.

So that puts all my fun things to the low priority list, eating, smoking, sleeping . Until I get told by my better half to spend some time with her right now, lol

So the griddle might take a little persuading.

David

Looks like a fantastic sandwich. I love my Blackstone. I don’t use it often but when I do I tend to go in a roll with it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky