Blackstone Griddle has arrived!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You'll love it, my daughter has had one for over a year now and uses it regularly. I've cooked on it and borrow it for get togethers but don't have the covered area or storage as she has. We're big hibachi fans so plenty of onion volcanos for my grandson. Enjoy

Reactions: JC in GB
Game changer! You'll have a blast! There is so much you can do with it! (plus that initial bacon cook off is always a baller moment!)

Just did Jake's Blackened fish on the griddle... Was really good... Could be your second cook ...

• Love
Fun. Looking forward to future posts.

You shouldn't have any problems with propane in the teens as long as it's not teens below zero!:emoji_astonished: If in question bring the tank indoors overnight and you will be golden. Which Blackstone did you get? Be sure to post pics!
Yes, bring the lp tank inside. I use a milk crate to stabilize my lp tanks. I put a 2x4 under one side to tip the tank slightly. That helps to get more gas as the tank cools off (and it will quickly).
Good luck!

I am not sure if there is an official Wisconsin cheese steak. I can't call it Philly as I am using no cheese whiz. Also, I am using aged Wisconsin cheddar for cheese instead of American. I will be adding a mix of sautéed onions, red bell pepper and mushrooms to the sandwich as well. I think that is far enough from Philly to hit Wisconsin. :emoji_laughing::emoji_sunglasses:

I will post some pics of my cook and the forum can judge for themselves.

JC :emoji_cat:
Oh oh. The last time I mentioned cheese whiz on a Philly cheese steak. I darn near got tarred and feathered! :emoji_laughing: Waiting to see the first run on your new griddle!

Congrats on the new toy. Looking forward to seeing what comes off it.

Chris

• Love
You'll want to have a "hat" to melt the cheese on burgers and cheesesteaks, a pot lid will work in a pinch. I little squirt of water for steam, toss on the hat! RAY

DSCN4367.JPG

DSCN4368.JPG

Just did Jake's Blackened fish on the griddle... Was really good... Could be your second cook ...

Wow, that sounds good. So many good ides. You folks rock!!!! :emoji_guitar::emoji_microphone::emoji_grinning:

Thanks. I was wondering if those were actually worth getting. Will add that to the tool list.
Hit the nearest Goodwill or whatever thrift shop. Any decent metal lid will work as long as it has the height and diameter to cover the grub.
You're gonna love that griddle!

Take your time seasoning.. Clean the griddle very well with soap and water then clean it again. I suggest no less than 5 heat/oil cycles for the initial seasoning then using vegetable based fats as much as possible for the break in. Sauteing and caramelizing a bunch of onions with canola or plain veggy oil a few times is not only good for the break in, but also provide good practice.

Congrats on the new toy!
Let's see some Qview of your progress!
-Pete

Go to the dollar store, get a cheap SS bowl, and add a cabinet pull to the bottom...voila!

I've had a bunch of these cheap SS bowls for years (from my soapmaking days) and had the handle from a leftover project.

View attachment 655997

View attachment 655998
That is a good idea, especially with a wood handle that does not get hot. you should be able to make multiple sizes. Doing this today.

Reactions: SherryT
Go to the dollar store, get a cheap SS bowl, and add a cabinet pull to the bottom...voila!

I've had a bunch of these cheap SS bowls for years (from my soapmaking days) and had the handle from a leftover project.

View attachment 655997

View attachment 655998

That is a great idea. I am going to use it if you don't mind? I am sure I have some stuff around my pantry that I can repurpose for this task. Thank you.

Reactions: SherryT
Thanks. I was wondering if those were actually worth getting. Will add that to the tool list.

Also get the tray liners for the grease catch, makes cleaning up much easier.
look through the offerings and decide what qty is the best deal for you...they won't go bad.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky