Blackstone Griddle has arrived!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 28, 2018
Green Bay, WI
Well, good news. My Blackstone griddle showed up this morning after being delayed for 2 days by a paperwork SNAFU.

Will be cleaning and doing the initial seasoning this evening. Hoping to use it for some break in Wisconsin cheese steak sandwiches on Saturday. Providing I can get enough gas out of the cylinder. It is supposed to be in the teens over the weekend here. Propane doesn't like the cold temps.

I will provide some food pics of my cook.

Here is what I got. the 36" with hood.
1674750123751.png

JC :emoji_cat:

Last edited:
You shouldn't have any problems with propane in the teens as long as it's not teens below zero!:emoji_astonished: If in question bring the tank indoors overnight and you will be golden. Which Blackstone did you get? Be sure to post pics!

Reactions: JC in GB
Congrats! You're gonna love that Blackstone. I don't get to use mine enough, but we love everything we do on it. Watching for some pics.

Well, good news. My Blackstone griddle showed up this morning after being delayed for 2 days by a paperwork SNAFU.

Will be cleaning and doing the initial seasoning this evening. Hoping to use it for some break in Wisconsin cheese steak sandwiches on Saturday. Providing I can get enough gas out of the cylinder. It is supposed to be in the teens over the weekend here. Propane doesn't like the cold temps.

I will provide some food pics of my cook.

Here is what I got. the 36" with hood.
View attachment 655906

nice bud grats

Glad it arrived.

I love Philadelphia-style cheese steaks. Is the Wisconsin cheese steak a regional variation? If so, I may have to try it!

I am not sure if there is an official Wisconsin cheese steak. I can't call it Philly as I am using no cheese whiz. Also, I am using aged Wisconsin cheddar for cheese instead of American. I will be adding a mix of sautéed onions, red bell pepper and mushrooms to the sandwich as well. I think that is far enough from Philly to hit Wisconsin. :emoji_laughing::emoji_sunglasses:

I will post some pics of my cook and the forum can judge for themselves.

Good luck and enjoy - I got mine a couple of weeks ago and was just able to get the natural gas conversion kit as I have that running to my deck. Will be seasoned this weekend hopefully.

I am not sure if there is an official Wisconsin cheese steak. I can't call it Philly as I am using no cheese whiz. Also, I am using aged Wisconsin cheddar for cheese instead of American. I will be adding a mix of sautéed onions, red bell pepper and mushrooms to the sandwich as well. I think that is far enough from Philly to hit Wisconsin. :emoji_laughing::emoji_sunglasses:

I will post some pics of my cook and the forum can judge for themselves.

Don't forget some hot peppers in the mix, just stay away from the steam on those

Good luck and enjoy - I got mine a couple of weeks ago and was just able to get the natural gas conversion kit as I have that running to my deck. Will be seasoned this weekend hopefully.

Is the conversion difficult? I have plumbed gas line before so I may want to put an outlet for the griddle. The problem I have is sometimes I wonder if there is a maximum number of gas devices you can use at once. I have a gas stove, on demand water, heat, clothes dryer. I fear that one day I will open a gas valve and everything will go out. :emoji_astonished: :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: JLeonard
Is the conversion difficult? I have plumbed gas line before so I may want to put an outlet for the griddle. The problem I have is sometimes I wonder if there is a maximum number of gas devices you can use at once. I have a gas stove, on demand water, heat, clothes dryer. I fear that one day I will open a gas valve and everything will go out. :emoji_astonished: :emoji_laughing:

I wanted to do the same and had a few installers come by for quotes, at least here it does matter, as I was told I would need to call the gas company first and have a larger meter installed, then run a bigger main line into the house from said meter. May want to call and see what local gas company says before adding to much more.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky