Black Forest Sticks/Take 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
After my oops moment last week dropping the BFS in the grass, Im going at it again.

Getting items together before mixing. I gotta get my fermenting barrel out and ready to go.
45g for 2.8 lbs of 85/15
IMG_0935.JPG

Going with cure 2 this time
IMG_6720.JPG

Top is the spice mix, right is the cure 2 and below is the torula yeast @ 1/2tsp
Using Safe Pro F-LC. FLC can be used with either cure 1 or 2. The flc will be in 1/4 cup cold distilled water and the cure 2 will be added to that.
IMG_4178.JPG

BBL
Gotta get my other equipment ready

Ok i hit something that i rarely see.

Here is the bacto and the cure, its less than 1/4 cup distilled water. This was the only liquid used.
IMG_7452.JPG

Upon stuffing i ran into a small amount of liquid from the end of the tube. Really no big deal.
Could this have been from the torula yeast? Hard telling not knowing .

Used 20mm smoked collagen. Tied both ends of the hang, leaving no meat between that will sit on the dowel.
IMG_6679.JPG

Going to use my fermenting barrel. Im not going to use the heater bulb as my temp controller is packed somewhere.
IMG_8351.JPG

Going with a 40w bulb instead.
IMG_7670.JPG

I have vented screened holes every 8" around the bottom. The top is screened and a pc fan that i can flip to run clock wise or ccw. I wont use the fan until after i ferment. Looking at 4-5 days ferment so any liquid will escape the casings.

IMG_6541.JPG

Just 40w of heat to ferment. Makes a nice night lite. Im doing inside as i dont want ants in the barrel.
IMG_1906.JPG

BBL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky