Bison Loin Roast going in today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mattparliament

Original poster
Jun 12, 2014
Hey everybody, long time reader, never do a post but I thought I'd share this one today. A couple years back I got a bison here in Montana, still working on getting it all ate! I have a small loin roast that I'll be smoking today, it's brining at the moment, I'll put a rub on it and we'll see what happens! I plan on smoking it this afternoon until the internal temp is 130-135. I don't plan on wrapping it with bacon as I want the surface to get a bark on it. Any tips before I get started?

gbMGLEHl.jpg

UHodwVQl.jpg

NcDWpGel.jpg

If anything like venison, I like to inject right before putting on smoker. Your lucky im not a neighbor or I would be swing buy to try a taste.

Also with 135 IT you wont get much bark without doing a reverse sear. Let us know how it turns out.

good point, all the more reason to not cover it up with pork belly, need all the surface area possible with the shorter cooking time

I got distracted by a football game and it went to 140. This piece of loin I had labeled for the crockpot, now I know why, it was at the intersection of three muscles so after rinsing and drying I wrapped it up with some baking string. Turned out great! Basically like smoked prime rib, easy and good!
9Rwtezul.jpg

L9qH5Ssl.jpg

6A09o9Fl.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky