• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Bison back ribs

smokin1boston

Joined Dec 4, 2010
I'm trying this for the first time, I'll let you know the results.

I put a home made rub on and chilled over night, gonna do 3 hrs @ 240 in smoker with apple wood and a beer/cider steam in the smoker.  Then wrap in foil and go 3 more hours.  Just in case, I have several racks of baby back pork going at the same time.

flash

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 30, 2007
I'm trying this for the first time, I'll let you know the results.

I put a home made rub on and chilled over night, gonna do 3 hrs @ 240 in smoker with apple wood and a beer/cider steam in the smoker.  Then wrap in foil and go 3 more hours.  Just in case, I have several racks of baby back pork going at the same time.

Well, never did bison, but if like beef in any way, 6 hours is too much for my taste. I like my beefies like I do my steak and base my modified 3-2-1 method accordingly. More like a 2.5-1.5-.5 does them up right for a Medium-Rare to Medium. You can adjust that size to the size of your ribs when needed.

smokin1boston

Joined Dec 4, 2010
They came out really good, 6 hrs was not enough. Found out there's a lot of connective tissue and collogin, put them back for another hour wrapped up. Surprisingly fatty, they held the moisture nicely.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Sounds great!

Sure wish I could see it !!!

Hint Hint  !!!!

Are you sure you're not just telling us a story???

Bear

flash

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 30, 2007
Sounds good, would have loved to see some pics. Glad it worked out for you.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now I have to agree with the Bear dude. It really sounds more then yummy. It's really hard to beat some good Q-view

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Whooo hoooo...Those are some tasty looking ribs...

Thanks for the post and picture.

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
they look great, I have never had bison

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks