Bison back ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin1boston

Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
I'm trying this for the first time, I'll let you know the results.

I put a home made rub on and chilled over night, gonna do 3 hrs @ 240 in smoker with apple wood and a beer/cider steam in the smoker.  Then wrap in foil and go 3 more hours.  Just in case, I have several racks of baby back pork going at the same time.

I'm trying this for the first time, I'll let you know the results.

I put a home made rub on and chilled over night, gonna do 3 hrs @ 240 in smoker with apple wood and a beer/cider steam in the smoker.  Then wrap in foil and go 3 more hours.  Just in case, I have several racks of baby back pork going at the same time.

Well, never did bison, but if like beef in any way, 6 hours is too much for my taste. I like my beefies like I do my steak and base my modified 3-2-1 method accordingly. More like a 2.5-1.5-.5 does them up right for a Medium-Rare to Medium. You can adjust that size to the size of your ribs when needed.

They came out really good, 6 hrs was not enough. Found out there's a lot of connective tissue and collogin, put them back for another hour wrapped up. Surprisingly fatty, they held the moisture nicely.

Sounds great!

Sure wish I could see it !!!

Hint Hint  !!!!

Are you sure you're not just telling us a story???

Bear

icon_cool.gif

Now I have to agree with the Bear dude. It really sounds more then yummy. It's really hard to beat some good Q-view

Whooo hoooo...Those are some tasty looking ribs...

Thanks for the post and picture.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky