Big Dirt Butt Sunday!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokeyLee15

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 13, 2021
Central Ohio
Picked up a 12lbs Pork Butt at GFS. Memphis rub with a little cayenne. Ran Hickory/Cherry at 225 for about 15 hours. Let it rest for about 30-40 min. It was delicious! Also made some street slaw for tacos, smoked Mac and cheese, wings and an apple crisp on the Tec Teq. My buddy made a peach bourbon bbq sauce and a jalapeño bbq sauce. Wish I took more pictures.
DBB2C9FE-9D7A-44F5-8308-57AEDC124CB6.jpeg
93394BEE-144A-44A7-8499-AF09836506A6.jpeg
58DC5BC8-0791-49BD-AED7-230EEB84D1A8.jpeg
9D7EA077-FE48-421B-B4D8-F5A16D5FE3D0.jpeg

I will probably get roasted for saying this here but... Sometimes eating great food beats taking pictures of great food! What you did take pictures of looks incredible though.

I will probably get roasted for saying this here but... Sometimes eating great food beats taking pictures of great food! What you did take pictures of looks incredible though.

I honestly wish you all could taste the peach bourbon bbq sauce we had it. I could have just ate it by itself!

PEACH BOURBON BBQ SAUCE
1 cup ketchup
3/4 cup peach preserves
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup whiskey (we used Woodford)
2 T molasses
2 T BBQ rub (used Kinders Brown Sugar as we had it laying around)
Combine all ingredients and refrigerate overnight. You can sub out the peach preserves for another fruit if you like along with your choice of whiskey. The peach adds a great sweet flavor and a nice change from your usual tangy sauces.

Food looks awesome! And thanks for sharing the recipe!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky