Big Bald Brown Sugar Belly!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The Little Rascals - just classic!

I just about died when I saw PM's post, I'm like oh man I'm in the dog house now.....I promise, presentation #4 is pending.....

Ok as promised presentation #4 this one is dedicated to Captain Nixon and the crossroads episode of Band of Brothers when Cap Nix requests a bacon sandwich......

It starts with 3/8” slices and into a hot pan
83144A40-AFE5-4910-8BBD-4B0BAEEB2764.jpeg

They are dusted with Bad Bald BBQ as they sear.
FE60F770-789E-4CF4-98CE-8F5B5DAD12EF.jpeg

Once seared the rendered fat is removed and they are dressed with sauce and turned into meat candy.
4FB2170F-A8AF-4409-A261-8623D1F73479.jpeg

Meat candy!
284C545E-0B15-4E23-82BC-29C27BE0B1A1.jpeg

Now the candy is nestled on a toasted roll and dressed with spicy cabbage!
9019DCD0-621A-4EAA-B000-97FEFCE4361B.jpeg

Thanks for participating in this belly journey :-)

Last edited:

Thanks! You know what finales bring right....an encore :emoji_wink:

Oh My!!
UNBELIEVABLE !!
Like.

Bear

Bear, I now know why you like sandwiches so much, I'm hoping I can eat a pulled pork sami again....

I knew you were gonna make Bear swoon with those sammiches.

Belly candy makes a SAMMICH!!!!

saving this to my future must-cook list.

solman, pork belly is a unreal item to smoke and consume, its a special occasion kind of thing cause it is just addicting! The twice cooked versions are just amazing. I'm thinking of searing off the slices next time cause that just takes it to the next level.

what smoker temp and internal temp did you aim for on the initial cook?

edit, missed what you wrote earlier, "IT 190-195 just like PM did his"

I ran the Copper Pot at 220-245 and the ITs ranged from 195 to 200. I went for a walk with my wife and some slabs just jumped up. I would say a IT from 190 to 200 would all be good. The higher will render a bit more fat and such, but much higher will make it too soft...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky