Better for avoiding creosote: WSM or Big Green Egg?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MortySnerd

Original poster
Jan 10, 2019
Chantilly, VA
True or false: "It will be easier to avoid creosote taste on my baby back ribs with a BGE over a WSM." (and please let me know why of course.... thanks so much!)

Creosote is a buildup of smoke on the smoket, only way i know is cook them in the oven or gas grill, anything that burns coal or wood including pellet smokers buildup creosote, pellet grill probably burns clean as anything can

Reactions: PPG1
If you are experiencing creosote taste on your food then the problem is your fire isn't burning clean. Rolling white smoke or not allowing enough airflow is the cause. You want thin blue smoke. Almost transparent

True or false: "It will be easier to avoid creosote taste on my baby back ribs with a BGE over a WSM." (and please let me know why of course.... thanks so much!)

False

As mentioned above, it’s a result of poor combustion and a good clean burning fire can be accomplished easily on either cooker.

Reactions: chopsaw
False

As mentioned above, it’s a result of poor combustion and a good clean burning fire can be accomplished easily on either cooker.

Makes sense, though would it not be easier to maintain a clean fire in an Egg, which is designed for Lump, as opposed to the WSM, which is designed for briquettes?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky