BestCob® Corn Cob Pellets for AMNPS!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pops6927

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 23, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.
Finally got to a Tractor Supply and replenished my supply of corn cob pellets!

The description states:

"Made from 100% All Natural Corn Cob Bedding, manufactured from the lightweight, most absorbent parts of the cobs.
  • No Additives or Chemicals added to our product"
This is the same stuff Todd sent me and it is hard to start, but once going it works well and gives that sweet corncob aroma!  I sprinkle some wood pellets on top to make it get going better.  Many Tractor Supplies will deny having it unless you specify it by it's name and/or item sku number:  5075571 - they look it up and find they do have it!  My wife and I want to the Tractor Supply in Benbrook, the clerk denied having it, she looked it up and they had 7 bags out back and 0 on the shelf, lol!  (I know the feeling... done it myself!).

Going to put it in empty coffee cans I've been saving up to store it, then will pour some into a ziploc and microwave it a bit to dry it before using it.

Well, better get pouring!

Filled up 10 containers, approx. 4 lbs apiece (40 lb bag, minus what I spilled between them, but...!).

Last edited:
Good find on the pellets Pop's, will check them out in my area, thanks.

As I am always in search for a distinct flavor, I will also see if the used ones can be purchased. Do you think they would have to be dried in the microwave. I would imagine so. 
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Thanks again,

Tom

The last time I smoked bacon, I used a 60/40 blend of cherry and corn cob. That was a great combination! No place to buy corn cob pellets in bulk out here, so I'll continue to buy from Todd.

This is very cool because it's something I've heard and was really wanting to try. Now I know the SKU # 505571 and it's called Best Cobb premium horse bedding. Thumbs Up

Last edited:
I'd like to buy in quantity also, as that is mainly what I use for bacon. But the shipping cost would be a killer on a 40 lb. bag. Too bad Amazon doesn't sell it.

This would be the closest.  You may want to call the store and see if by any chance one of their vendors going your way could drop off a couple bags nearer to you as a favor.  A couple bags should last you a year or more.

This would be the closest.  You may want to call the store and see if by any chance one of their vendors going your way could drop off a couple bags nearer to you as a favor.  A couple bags should last you a year or more.
Thanks for the info, we have a friend that teaches at a college down that way, will ask SuSan if she could do us a small favor. My wife went to a quilting class down in that area last year and has mentioned going to a quilting shop she was in so we may makeep the trip after winter is over. Was in a local farmer/rancher supply store yesterday, they have Corn cob bedding material, can't help but wonder if it is the same stuff. Perhaps I can get the contents of it and have you compare it to what you're using?

That is indeed closer than states away. About 50 miles from me, so still not a casual drive. But my inlaws live close by. I'll see if I can talk my son-in-law into picking me up a couple bags. I know he enjoys the bacon!

Last edited:
Just realized you said Puyallup, first I read it I thought Pullman was mentioned.

I use a 2/1 combination of corn cob and cherry pellets in my bacon. Everyone that's tried it, says they love it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky