Best way to reheat 3 racks of baby backs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

husker3in4

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 24, 2015
I smoked up 3 racks of baby backs yesterday with the intention of reheating them tonight for company. I taste tested a couple of ribs last night, they were damn near perfect, and I want to get them as close to that as possible. Normally I reheat ribs in my Nuwave, but I can only fit a few ribs in it. So I was thinking of cutting up the ribs tonight, re saucing them, and cooking them covered at 350 for 20 mins and then remove the cover for 10 more mins. I want to make sure they get heated thru while still retaining the moisture (hence the cover) but then remove the cover to make the sauce a little sticky. Does it sound like too much time in the oven? My fear is I dont want to dry them out.

How about put them all in foil as is with a couple tbs water to heat closed. Then 15 to 20 minutes 350 you can unwrap and sauce. Put under a broiler and bake the sauce on fast.. watching carefully

Last edited:
I smoked up 3 racks of baby backs yesterday with the intention of reheating them tonight for company. I taste tested a couple of ribs last night, they were damn near perfect, and I want to get them as close to that as possible. Normally I reheat ribs in my Nuwave, but I can only fit a few ribs in it. So I was thinking of cutting up the ribs tonight, re saucing them, and cooking them covered at 350 for 20 mins and then remove the cover for 10 more mins. I want to make sure they get heated thru while still retaining the moisture (hence the cover) but then remove the cover to make the sauce a little sticky. Does it sound like too much time in the oven? My fear is I dont want to dry them out.
Probably to late.. Lol good luck

Update: I put them on a pan and covered with foil, baked for 20 mins @350 and then took off the foil for 10 more mins. they were warm but not hot, ppl wanted to eat em once they saw them. I think they would be optimal to heat them covered for 30 mins before removing the foil for another 10. Everyone liked them, I even got a  "I didnt know ribs could taste this good!"

Update: I put them on a pan and covered with foil, baked for 20 mins @350 and then took off the foil for 10 more mins. they were warm but not hot, ppl wanted to eat em once they saw them. I think they would be optimal to heat them covered for 30 mins before removing the foil for another 10. Everyone liked them, I even got a  "I didnt know ribs could taste this good!"
Steam from a little water would have worked faster too maybe. Good to read. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

I'm late... but there is a few ways to reheat them.
1. Put them in the oven uncovered @400 for about 20 minutes.
2. Wrap in foil with a little apple juice @ 300 for about 20-30 minutes.
3. If you have a vacuum sealer you could reheat in vacuum seal bag.

Sounds like they turned out good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky