Best Smoker For Large Batches Of Jerky?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JerkyJake

Original poster
May 10, 2019
Hey everyone longtime lurker first time poster here!

I am trying to find a smoker that can make large batches of jerky at a time. I'm currently able to fit about 3lbs (before drying) in my smoker but I am about to start selling my jerky at farmers markets and what not and need something that can be more efficient and smoke larger quantities. At least double the volume would be awesome. Also need something that will be able to smoke at low temp around 105 or 110 tops. Thanks! - Jake

I never make a batch of jerky with less than 5lbs of wet meat and have upped my capacity to 10lbs +. All in a Chard oval dehydrator that I added an additional 5 trays for a total of 10 trays.

A dehydrator produces far superior whole muscle jerky compared to a smoker. If you like smoke flavor cold smoke the dehydrated jerky.

Smoking at 105 to 110 degrees is just above the upper limits of cold smoking temps and way below hot smoking temps. Why have you settled on this range?

Well I usually let it get about 1.5 to 2 hours of smoke then I move it to the dehydrator to finish it. I like the 105 to 110 range because I like to imitate the way jerky would have been dried on the range or in the desert while still not taking over 12 hours. Would I still get the same smoke flavor if I smoked it after it's already dried? I figured smoke it while it's still wet to get that flavor then move it over to the dehydrator.

Hey everyone longtime lurker first time poster here!

I am trying to find a smoker that can make large batches of jerky at a time. I'm currently able to fit about 3lbs (before drying) in my smoker but I am about to start selling my jerky at farmers markets and what not and need something that can be more efficient and smoke larger quantities. At least double the volume would be awesome. Also need something that will be able to smoke at low temp around 105 or 110 tops. Thanks! - Jake

You can always do a conversion?!?!
Below is a Masterbuilt Analog Electric that Dave made some mods with (8 Racks!!).
Jerky & Stick Making Machine!!
How To:
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/mes-custom-ss-model-mods-pic-heavy.264396/
20170617_235009.jpg

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky