best beer for BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am partial to FREE BEER. It seems to have a taste like no other.
icon_lol.gif

I used to work with a guy from PA, said that Yuenling was some of the best, and the oldest brewery in america

it is one of the oldest and som of the best i ever tasted never woke w/ a headache w/short sleep. never heard of it till i moved here tho.

I dont drink anymore but I certainly have a list of ones i liked
Shiner Honey
Blue Moon with or without an Orange slice
Tecate

Pabst Blue Ribbon
Lonestar
Coors
Homebrewed Pale Ale

Can not get Yuengling in Ohio but have heard lots of good things about it. Surprised no one has mentiong Blatz yet?
wink.gif
Used to drink a few of those with my grandpa. PBR is making a big time come back. A few years ago their sales went up something like 30% in one year and lots of places around here are starting to serve it. There are some wing places in Columbus that now have it on tap.

I will take your word for it on the PBR. Personally I won't even use it for beer brots. Maybe thats just me.
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

Yes Yuengling is all over here. I think the brewrey is here in Tampa if I recall correctly. It's on 30th street by Busch Gardens.

Well, PBR is coming back and I think Schlitz is too. I remember going into Philly as a youngster and seein the signe in the windows of bars for those two. Actually went in and got served a cold draft one once, and it wasn't too bad, well for a 14yo anyway. Vlap, when you come to the smoke out remind me to show you the mug I got it served in, way cool, it's probabli 45 years old.

I will do so!
You know a beer I would like to find is a linenkugel (sp?) Red... I was finding it around here last year and now all I can find is the sunset wheat which I can't stand. Good wisconson beer I believe!

Lienenkugal makes some really good beers. They have a creamy dark that if you can ever find on tap is some of the best. The red is ok. I liked the sunset wheat but I like wheat beers.

Honey Weis is the wheat one of theirs that I've had, very good. They also have a Big Butt Doppelbock that is good if you like dark beers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky