best beer for BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

twistertail

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Central Ohio
What beer do you all like to have with your BBQ? I love trying all kinds of new beers but Guiness is probably my favorite. Beamish is a good one also and I like anything packaged with a widget. Been drinking Sam Adams Octoberfest which is pretty good also. Dont really like any light beers but Sam Adams light is probably the best light beer I've had.

If i'm snacking, then I like Shiner Bock. If i'm planning on pigging out on 'Q. then it's my old trusty Bud Light cause I can drink lots of it!

I like Dos Equis dark, Negro Modelos, and Haaker Pschorr Weiss, both for drinking and mopping/marinades.

American, Michelob regular and their Amber Bock.

Dos Equis Dark is pretty good, dont care for the light much. Shiner Bock is on my list to try but have not had it yet. I used to drink Amber Bock all the time, still get it once in a while. For some reason bud light is about my least favorite, not sure why since just about everyone else loves it. I like Old Mill. Best or even Natural light better than Bud Light.

Jim Beam!!
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif

LOL, they were gonna shut down the state government Sunday nite, ran out and stocked up............luckily the liquor stores are still open!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Lite beer??...Are ya kidding me?? How else would I get any excersize without 12 ounce curls around the BBQ?? As the people at Guiness say...Life is too short to drink cheap beer!

Cheers,
Brian

I'm a Guinness fan as well. I also like Sam Adams Cream Stout and a new beer I recently tried called, "Rogue" was quite tasty.

I almost forgot... a really good 100% blue agave tequila works well too! Perhaps a Reposado from Cabo Wabo. WOO HOO!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Cheers,
Brian

The best beer with Q would be the one in my hand - long as it isn't a lite.
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif

I'm partial to Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat and Bully Porter. Really like Shiner Bock also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky