Beer Can Turkey?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Final decision - slathering the turkey with mayo, rubbing it with Meat Church Gospel, and putting it over a 16 oz can half filled with Blue Moon. Putting it in the oven on 425 for the first 30 minutes and then on 350 until it is done.

Dude, I’d love to. But I’m going to let you in on a little secret, but you can’t get mad. My wife doesn’t like the flavor that smoke gives off. I personally love it, which is why I’m here. But, have to make her happy lol.

Happy wife happy life. I am lucky, my wife and family loves my smoked meats. Well there was this one time with a pizza. LOL

It came out good. Much better than expected.

The turkey didn’t have legs, which kind of threw off my game plan. Ended up putting it in a roaster with Blue Moon on the bottom. Just refilled as I went. Came out super moist too.

Seems like you might need to do some "dual" cooking. One in the oven and one outside in the smoker to keep everyone happy. Like everything, do what works for you. Thanks for starting this thread and everyone sharing.

Dude, I’d love to. But I’m going to let you in on a little secret, but you can’t get mad. My wife doesn’t like the flavor that smoke gives off. I personally love it, which is why I’m here. But, have to make her happy lol.

With Poultry, I'm in the same boat. I'm the only one that likes smoked Turkey. The compromise, I'm Smoking Legs and the Breast gets Roasted. Next year, we plan better at do two Breasts as they portion better for sandwiches...JJ

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky