Beer Can Burgers - QView

Discussion in 'Beef' started by knifebld, May 4, 2015.

1. knifebld

knifebld Smoking Fanatic

Hey all,

Was a perfect day yesterday to clean the pool while enjoying the sweet smells of meat on the smoker.

The wife was in the mood for something easy to finish off the weekend so this was a perfect time to try out some Beer Can Burgers that I've been wanting to test out.

These were very easy to prepare and similar to stuffed burgers or fatties, the options are endless...

I like to keep things simple, so for these I was going with some sauteed mushrooms, onions, and green peppers....I also cut up some thin cut roast beef to add in;

I after shaping and wrapping the burger up with bacon, I added a couple of chunks of hard cheddar and Mozzarella, and finally sprinkled a little KEG spices;

Tossed these on the BGE with some Pecan and Mesquite at 235;

After about an hour and 45 minutes, I tossed on some chopped bacon and a little shredded cheese...took them off 15 minutes later;

The Verdict...WOW!!! These blew my mind...I used some fresh pretzel buns (picture not shown cause I was too excited at this point on how they turned out). Only negative was that they were huge...no issue for me...but the kids had a rough time. LOL

These are for sure gonna happen again!

Cheers.

2. Looks tasty and a new twist on a simple burger.

[​IMG]

Happy smoken.

David

3. knifebld

knifebld Smoking Fanatic

Thanks David, having a blast trying out different stuff!

4. I would say you nailed it on this one.

Happy smoken.

David

5. timberjet

timberjet Master of the Pit

That is really cool. Going to steal this one. Nice job.

6. bruno994

bruno994 Master of the Pit

I love doing stuffed burgers (or Juicy Lucys), but man these will be on the menu this weekend!  Awesome job!

7. knifebld

knifebld Smoking Fanatic

LOL Thanks bud!
    Thanks Bruno, most likely going to use my new stuffer that I got at Christmas next weekend...wife was kinda pissed I didn't use it yesterday...but she forgave me pretty quickly after they were done! LOL

8. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wow Chad, nice thread... That looks awesome ! Thumbs Up

9. dukeburger

dukeburger Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I don't know what this is, but it looks damn delicious...[​IMG]

10. grillmonkey

grillmonkey Smoking Fanatic

I just ate supper, and those still made me drool. Great job Chad.[​IMG]  

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  11. nptwnsmkr

nptwnsmkr Smoke Blower

I so want to make these!! [​IMG]  if i could figure out how to give you points i would...I searched the browser and it said look for the scales in the right hand corner....tried it with my PC and Ipad and didnt see it.....little disappointed in myself for not being able to figure this out!!

12. fwismoker

fwismoker Master of the Pit

Awesome, won't taste any better than my stuffed burgers but sure looks cooler!

13. dukeburger

dukeburger Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Green thumb on bottom right of posts

14. Man, those look good. Gonna have to try that out.

15. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Very Nice smoke! When I have fat burgers like that after they cook I will slice them in half for the kids. Yes you'd need to add cheese to yours for one of the halves but it works!

Points for creativity!

16. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wow, looks great.

Who needs buns for those.

17. nptwnsmkr

nptwnsmkr Smoke Blower

Gotcha...thanks Duke!

18. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Those burgers look great! And a clean pool too!

19. knifebld

knifebld Smoking Fanatic

Thanks! But might try out a quick grill the next time. Because it was a two low temp smoke the meat came out kinda tough. I much prefer my burgers juicy. But in the end I wanted them to have a nice smoky flavour.

You think I could have the best of both worlds with a quick grill?
    LOL Thanks Duke!
    Thanks for the point Monkey!

20. knifebld

knifebld Smoking Fanatic

No worries Paul, your kind words are good enough! Cheers.
    LOL, yeah you're probably right. But I am sure a sliced open close-up shot of your stuffed burgers would look mighty fine too! Cheers.
    They were quite tasty...could not eat more than one and a half and boy was I ever stuffed after! Thanks for stopping by!

nptwnsmkr likes this.