Beef/Venison Lebanon Bologna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mofatguy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 31, 2019
Missouri
Made with 5 parts beef, 2 parts deer. Excalibur seasoning per instructions. Insta cure 1 per digging dog calculator. Stuffed in red bologna casing smoked for 5 hrs applewood pellets in amazin tube and finished without smoke at 185 to IT 155degrees. Total time in smoker 13hrs.
Called for encapsulated citric acid but didn’t want to go directly to smoker so left it out and placed in fridge overnight before smoking. Taste great!
E0BD9488-6F20-42D3-9A32-32E31539A26C.jpeg
87AD4BD0-3E68-4644-8987-B2778D3298DE.jpeg

Great looking bologna, color is superb!
No ECA tang leaves me wondering what it tastes like.:emoji_thinking:
A buddy of mine that has been smoking meats from way back used to live in New Jersey. He traveled a lot into the Amish country where the Lebanon bologna originates. He tasted this and said it taste real close to the real thing without the tang.

Yep, looks great from here as well! And a nice slicer! What brand is it?

Ryan

Reactions: Mofatguy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky