Beef Tongue Tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I actually peel the skin off and then slice very thin. It is better than most roast beef
I did peel that top layer of skin off after boiling. Is that what you’re talking about Gould or is there something I missed? I’m a complete novice to lengua and open to any suggestions.

Coworker brought me a heart and tongue.

I have smoked heart before but never tongue so off to SMF to learn what to do…..

Never disappointed, SMF…..
Thanks y’all! /waves/

I played around this past summer with smoking beef tongue. It's one of my favorite cuts of meat - and I figured smoking it would be pretty cool. I threw mine to start into the instant pot so I could peel off the membrane. After I cooled it down and peeled it, I gave it a pretty basic beef rub of mustard, salt & pepper. I smoked over mesquite and FOGO lump charcoal in my Kamado Joe. It took about 45-60 minutes like yours to get tender at around 250.

In my second attempt - I wrapped the tip the tongue halfway through in foil to prevent that from drying out. I also went with applewood for the smoke.

I'm going to give it another go this coming week. I'm going to break down an old wine barrel at work and give that a go. I'm also thinking about injecting with tallow after parboiling and peeling. Then let it set overnight in a dry brine before smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky