Beef Tenderloin on Akorn Kamado

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bpinmi

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
New Baltimore, MI
Gave it a go with a beef tenderloin on my Akorn kamado.

Marinated for an hour in coca-cola/teriyaki marinade/garlic salt. Then added a Commercial rub from Kroger (Private Selection Cracked Peppercorn Rich and Savory). Reverse seared at 260 for 45 minutes until IT 120. Then cranked the grill up to 500 and brushed on some rendered bacon fat and seared until IT 135.

tenderloin1.jpg

tenderloin2.jpg

To be honest I'm not sure what it does for the flavor. I remember many years ago reading Ted Nugent's Kill It and Grill It and he used Coca Cola for marinading beef. I've been doing it ever since. If I had to guess, the phosphates in the soda help break down and tenderize the meat. But I'm just guessing. The flavor profile came more from the teriyaka and the rub than the Coke.

Mouth watering. Nice job.

I have never used coke as marinade, what flavour do you get at end?

Looks real good from my screen. We use teriyaki as a tenderizer marinate quite often.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky