beef shoulder roast today, along with a butt, beans, and potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 21, 2006
Waco, TX
here is a pic of the shoulder roast i smoked today. i forgot to get one before i sliced it. i also did a boneless boston butt roast (pulled it), wicked baked beans, and potatoes. sure was a good supper. both roasts were juicy and tender. i injected both with some of my mop before i stuck them in the smoker. i used apple juice, worcestershire sauce, and EVOO for my mop on these.
91058e84_vbattach11825.jpg

a3856a21_vbattach11823.jpg

611e48de_vbattach11824.jpg

Hey Chris, YUMMMMMY....so chris you inject your roast ??? i was gonna do a bottom round ,,should i also inject it ??? what bout the mopping is that a secrete recipie ??? do u mop every hr ??? I know all these questions ??? I just wanna get like u guy`s wink wink !!! lol thanks again ....charlie

this was the first time i had injected anything, as i had just bought an injector. i think i will inject any roast from now on. my mop varies depending what i have on hand. usually apple juice mixed with something else. bourbon, worcestershire sauce, vegetable oil, EVOO. i have mixed 2 or 3 of them lots of times. i mop after 2 or 3 hours, then every 45 minutes to an hour. i let the rub set first before my first mop. i haven't done a bottom round roast, yet. that will be in the near future though.

Chris really looks great and hope the family enjoyed all they could handle. Don't know if it was just for the 3 of you or not but if it was i am sure there gotta be some great leftover recipies. When you have a few seconds pass some along. Maybe will come across something i have not thought of yet.

Thanks
Bill

Looking dang good there chris,as always. Hey theres a comp cook in waco on the 30 & 31 this month at the american legion riders at 200 tennessee west of down town. I thought about going but have another comp in Irving that same weekend at the knights of columbus hall. Thought I would pass that along in case you might want to go check it out.

Wow, when you cook you go all out. Looks fantastic. From what I've seen, it looks like you, tonto & bud win "the busiest smokers" award. Lotta work, good job.

Wish you guys all lived closer to me, but then I'd be a "DangBigAL".

Whats on the menu next weekend?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky