Beef Short Ribs with Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
They look like little meat-sicles!!!

Awesome man!!

drool.gif

icon_cool.gif

Great looking ribs but next time see if you can find the long bone short ribs. Now thoses are the real dino bones.

Those look awesome!!  I have just started playing around with my kettle but would love to try those.  What temp did you smoke those at?  How many briquettes?  Any tips how to maintain temp?

I start half of a chimney starter and add about 8 or 10 lumps to get the grill up to around 200* to start. I use natural lump and it averages about 2-3 inches per chunk. I add more to fine tune it and maintain around 225* the whole time. It takes some babysitting but my Maverick remote thermometer on the grate makes it pretty easy. I just keep the chimney stocked with a few burning coals at all times. It's really surprisingly stable and easy to maintain temp, adding a lump or two at a time. It has it's limitations but really works pretty well for smaller items.

Forgot to mention I used Hickory chips for this one. As far as spraying, I did brush on some Woodchuck Fall Cider about every hour or so. I was drinking it and thought it would maybe keep them moist. I guess it worked pretty good. I used it on some babybacks also with good results. The Fall Cider is super tasty!

These were not as tender as I would like so I will definitely foil them next time... not too bad but I think they would really benefit from it. That will be the next experiment! I saw a recent thread where some beef ribs were braised in a tasty sauce, that looked really good as well. Will post progress this weekend...

If you want full length bones, just ask you butcher ...they come in whole rack of 3-4 bones and are cut into smaller sizes by your butcher , yes even in grocery stores .....TRy this and you will never go back to cut short ribs again...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky