Beef Ribs and a Teaser!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok, I'm going to have to break down and check out this Piedmontese outfit. Those ribs look awesome, though I imagine your technique doesn't hurt :-)
First time I've heard of beef belly, but it looks interesting! There's a meat shop not far from me that might know what it is. I'm prepared for sticker shock.
Never had a problem being a fella who likes non-fellas.....

Reactions: TNJAKE
Ok, I'm going to have to break down and check out this Piedmontese outfit. Those ribs look awesome, though I imagine your technique doesn't hurt :-)
First time I've heard of beef belly, but it looks interesting! There's a meat shop not far from me that might know what it is. I'm prepared for sticker shock.
Never had a problem being a fella who likes non-fellas.....
Thanks Dan and glad to see you are drawn to non fellas. Beef belly is aka beef navel when you go to the butcher

Nice job on those ribs Jake. Those pics are making my mouth water.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks David and sorry mona isn't a smoked fan lol

Me also Jake, some things she loves and others she just will not even try. And god forbid I put smoked foods in the main fridge with everything else, lol
She loves ribs, your Pecan pie that I make and the chicken I brined and smoked and some others ,
but if I say I am going to smoke ( insert anything here ) for supper, she says no thanks
But I buy Smoked pepperoni ( hot ) and she nibbles at it all day, while i'm at work

I am so confused....lol

David

• Haha
Me also Jake, some things she loves and others she just will not even try. And god forbid I put smoked foods in the main fridge with everything else, lol
She loves ribs, your Pecan pie that I make and the chicken I brined and smoked and some others ,
but if I say I am going to smoke ( insert anything here ) for supper, she says no thanks
But I buy Smoked pepperoni ( hot ) and she nibbles at it all day, while i'm at work

I am so confused....lol

David
We're kind of in the same boat. About the only thing the Mrs. likes off the smoker is brisket, ribs (without a rub) and stuffed jalapenos. To make matters worse I do all the cooking (which is OK because I enjoy it) because her back is so bad she can't stand upright very long. She's also on a low sodium diet.
It's frustrating because I like to experiment a little, but she won't even consider it if it's different from the way she always did it. I've been making my own BBQ sauce for years and now I can do it with no salt, but she only wants Sweet Baby Rays >sigh<
It's to the point where I'm making separate meals for us.
I'm planning on trying a chuck roast in the offset in a couple of days and am prepared for the "nose wrinkle".....

Dan

Late to the party … very nice, TNJAKE TNJAKE
I’ve never made beef ribs, but you push me closer to the edge.
I used to work a lot at Emory, and sometimes got them at Community Q in Decatur, but they’d be gone if you didn’t get there early.

sidebar: has anyone heard that beef ribs bones are pretty safe for dogs? We don't give our dogs any kind, raw or cooked, but a neighbor said beef ribs are ok.
I think we pay more for ‘bones’ at Amazon and PetSmart than we would and get the meat for free 🤪

Reactions: MJB05615 and TNJAKE
Howdy fellas and non fellas and if you don't fall into that.......need to get your life together. Smoked up another rack of piedmontese beef ribs today. Not a lot of pics. First pic is short ribs before small trimView attachment 645781
Seasoned with Oakridge black ops and onto the pellet smoker running pecan/cherry at 250View attachment 645782View attachment 645783
After 3 hours I spritzed with Guinness every hourView attachment 645784
Finished at around 8hr and probing like buttah.View attachment 645785
Couple sliced shotsView attachment 645786View attachment 645787
Great bark, juicy and tender. Emily now says beef ribs are her favorite so that's a win in my book

Now for the teaser.........Beef belly bacon in the cureView attachment 645788View attachment 645789View attachment 645790
.25% cure #1
1.5% sea salt
.75% brown sugar

See y'all in a few weeks after I smoke these. Thanks for looking!
My mind read beef ribs and tazer, I thought what an interesting combo. LMFAO!!!

Look'in good bruth'a.

• Haha
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky