Beef Phở

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow that look good. I meet meet up with friends for lunch on Sundays for Pho in Durant Oklahoma of all places. Don't tell her but yours looks better!
Very kind in your assessment, thank you.
Chile...I'm at a loss for words my friend. That looks amazing. I love Asian food and I'm not particular what it is...as long as it's loaded with flavors. I can't help but think the flavor profile and complexity of this would be a truly world class effort. I'm impressed beyond words. The only thing I can say is "why isn't this on the carousel??" :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thanks Robert.
The secret to a good Pho isn't a secret, it's all in the broth.
A really good broth/stock is the base and then just add the aromatics and spices in the right proportions and don't let them overpower the broth.
Carousel? Lets not over do it.
Looks mighty good!
Jim
Thanks Jim!
That looks good! I'd even risk that pepper for a bowl of that!
Thank you Steve.
No risky business needed, that chile was all mine.
But the was some Sriracha and Sambal Oelek available for everyone else.

I'm the odd one, can't stand the stuff. Star anise is a flavor I absolutely despise. I can do ginger in some things but it's also pretty high on my list of things I dislike. Yet I like fennel and other people tell me it's almost the same. Not for me 🤷

I can take clove in small amounts but I painstakingly pick out as much as I can from pickling spice which I do use in corned beef. So ain't no phokin way I'll ever like pho 😂

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky