beef jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

homeruk

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 30, 2015
london UK
Had a couple of goes last few days at making beef jerky just using the fan oven to dry it which worked well and am now looking to try doing a mince version, less chewing!

been looking at the jerky guns you can get which just seem to be a mortar type gun with a cleanable tube at surprise surprise a hugely inflated price.

So i was thinking..has anyone tried using a sausage stuffer?

using the mincer on the kenwood to mince the beef, then using the kenwwod sausage stuffer to mix the spices into the mince as you would normally but then not using any casings and flattening down the sausage shape with a silicone rolling pin

seems to me it would work but until you try it its difficult to know, anyone done it?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky