Beef For Sammies ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
You saw the beginning of this yesterday when I smoked it with the ribs. I smoked it to 135 IT, its ran to 140 while resting. Its sat in the fridge over night and today after an hour in the freezer I sliced it. I sure wish I had a slicer....LOL

I started with......

IMG_9325.JPG

I smoked it with company (it might have got lonesome).

IMG_9334.JPG

Smoked at 230 with all apple. Chilled over night, then sliced today after sharpening knives.

IMG_9347.JPG

Pretty huh? This little roast A little over 4 lbs. did all this! PLus allll I ate!

IMG_9351.JPG

Did a bit of Vac-Sealing magic.......

IMG_9353.JPG

Those are all a bit over 1/2 pound bags. Plus all I ate.....LOL (which was substantial). and I have a bowlful set aside for sammies today.

Nothing special or hard just good stuff. I'll add the sammie later when I do it.

Brother Kevin I think ya'll did a fine job with that knife.But next time do it right bring it here and use my slicer.
Richie

Looks real nice from here, Foamy my Man!!
I guess you know by now, I love Beef Sammies!!!

Bear

That stuff looks good

Thank you. If Da Bear says its one of his most favorites you know its good stuff. If you have not tried it yet don't wait around like I did. Move it up to the top of your smoking bucket list. Its unbelievable, my hands smell so good even after washing after I sliced it. If I was even the least hungry I would bite 'em. Just remember to slice that roast beast up super thin to win!

Awesome looking stuff for some sammies. If you don't want to drive all the way to Richie's I'm closer so you can just stop and also use slicer. :D

Warren

Oh and BTW. Supper tonight?

IMG_9356.JPG

That is the smoked beef, Provolone cheese, grilled green bell peppers & onions, topped with prepared horse radish and some AuJus dipping sauce.

It was ok, but next time there'll be less fluff and just beef and bread so I can enjoy that smoked beef taste better.

I dunno Uncle Goldie, when you get you a slicer, the roast beef, Provolone Cheese, Green Peppers, and Onions, can all fall to the new slicer you are shopping for.

After I got my slicer, I was looking for whole sorts of stuff to slice with it at Sam's Club.
Scarce as hen's teeth they are. At least around me.
But dang, you'll be looking for ways to play with your new slicer. LOL!

Put the fluff as a side and mix and match in your mouth. Some might accuse you of playing with your food.
I see it as culinary experimenting to find the new ratios that suit your tastes. :confused:

I know, that sounds like hens scratching to peck grain out of the droppings... o_O
LMAO! :emoji_laughing:

I had a inexpensive chef choice something or other and I despised it. I finally broke down and bought a 6" KWS and am thrilled. Spendy yes! Quality yes! Slicing quality is head and shoulders above the previous slicer. Like comparing a 2x4 to a sushi chef's knife.

Basically I'll explain my kanundrum. I of course would like a hobart, BUT my back and arms are now telling me 75 to 100 pounds is gonna get even more of a pain to manage. The other side is the small home slicers I just can't imagine doing the bacon, cheeses, and meats very well for very long. IF I do get a slicer then I'll be wanting an emulsifier. It just never ends. Each step just leads to the next. LOL Usually one of two things happens, if I'll just put it off some good deal will arrise, maybe not what I am looking for but some other process equipment part. OR if I just jump out and buy one, the next day I'll find bigger and better on sale for half what I paid.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky