• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
I have never eaten an Enchilada but seeing post on here about them,convinced me to give them a try so seeing sawhorseray sawhorseray post did it.
Started with browning some ground beef
100_0165.JPG
Added some Enchilada sauce (mild)
100_0166.JPG
Had some Chipotles an black olives
100_0167.JPG
Tillamook Mexican Blend

100_0169.JPG
Cheese & Sauce added
100_0170.JPG
Now the fun part rolling them meat mix 1st
100_0171.JPG
Chipotle Pepper on top
100_0173.JPG
Add some black olives
100_0174.JPG
Now fold the Tortilla over the filling folding the sides inward
100_0175.JPG
Keep steady pressure finish rolling
100_0177.JPG
Get them all done drizzle some Enchilada Sauce
over the top
100_0186.JPG
Add some Cheese
100_0189.JPG
bake in a preheated oven 375°F for 20 -25 min
100_0195.JPG
Now to have some more fun
Carefully slip a spatula under 2 and plate
100_0198.JPG
Money shot
100_0202.JPG
Thank you Ray these are very good we enjoyed them.
Thanks for watching
Richie

Those look perfect to my eyes Richie, you did a beautiful job! I usually take a couple and vac-seal them in the bag for the freezer, it's nice to have something on hand to thaw in a sink full of water and then toss into the microwave oven. Like, RAY

Those look perfect to my eyes Richie, you did a beautiful job! I usually take a couple and vac-seal them in the bag for the freezer, it's nice to have something on hand to thaw in a sink full of water and then toss into the microwave oven. Like, RAY
Ray Thank you I am very happy that I did these thanks to you!Fantastic taste wife loved them so we have something new for the menu.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Those look fantastic!
We have enchiladas a couple of times a month.
Good eating!
Al
Al Thank you I agree they are good eating and I had fun putting them together.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Richie....that sir is enchilada perfection!! Those look better than just about anything I've seen in Mexican restaurants, that's for sure. Great job!!

Now to the ironic part about your timing of these. I too was inspired by Ray's post as Tracy and I both love enchiladas. I'm planning to do some this evening and either cook them on the Rec Tec or in the Emeril 360 air fryer. That thing has not gotten the use it should have but the weather has been conducive to outdoor cooking, and that's what I much prefer when I can.

Big LIKE sir!!
Robert

Looks great Richie . Love enchiladas . Any more I skip the rolling and just layer it all in a dish like lasagna .
Nice work on those , now you're hooked .

Reactions: Sowsage
Richie....that sir is enchilada perfection!! Those look better than just about anything I've seen in Mexican restaurants, that's for sure. Great job!!

Now to the ironic part about your timing of these. I too was inspired by Ray's post as Tracy and I both love enchiladas. I'm planning to do some this evening and either cook them on the Rec Tec or in the Emeril 360 air fryer. That thing has not gotten the use it should have but the weather has been conducive to outdoor cooking, and that's what I much prefer when I can.

Big LIKE sir!!
Robert
Robert Thank you I think I could have rolled them a little better,look froward to seeing yours.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Looks great Richie . Love enchiladas . Any more I skip the rolling and just layer it all in a dish like lasagna .
Nice work on those , now you're hooked .
Rich I can understand the layering I am going to make Lasagna Mon or Tues. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it.Time to make an Apple Pie
Richie

Reactions: chopsaw
Those look great Ritchie! Saw Ray's thread also and had to make some . I know what you mean...carefully take them out with a spatula !

Ryan

It's funny really. We make burritos a couple times a month. And this is really just a couple extra steps for these.

Man those looks fantastic!! I absolutely love enchiladas!! Great stuff​
Jeff Thank you never having them before I now know what I was missing.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Those look great Ritchie! Saw Ray's thread also and had to make some . I know what you mean...carefully take them out with a spatula !

Ryan
Ryan Thank you I have a fish spatula it is very flexible.
Richie

It's funny really. We make burritos a couple times a month. And this is really just a couple extra steps for these.
I guess you could fill Burritos with almost anything also.
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky