Beef Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

I can't help you there. I'm strictly a Wattburner.

Bear
Ahhh Electric huh? Thought about eletric myself but i have lots of fruit and hardwood trees in the yard i can trim up. Oak,walnut,mulberry,maple,etc so it was cheaper in the long run to go wood fired.

anyone else wanna chime in on the landmans grill/smoker?

Wow for the price of landmans grill/smoker i figured someone would know something about the quality. If the old saying you get what you pay for is true, then i should be set and not need anything new for 20 years.

You can safely cure meat in my brine for 30 days, no problem, and should not be too salty.

You can safely cure meat in my brine for 30 days, no problem, and should not be too salty.
Thanks Pops!!

That's what I figured with your Brine. But I only answer the Dry Curing with TQ questions, and leave the others to you!!

Bear

I just scored 3 whole beef navels, yes I'm proud of myself.

Hopefully Bearcarver checks his PMs and we can hook up so he can take one off my hands so we can make the western Lehigh Valley smell like tallowy bacon goodness.

Pictures of the bacon to follow.

I just scored 3 whole beef navels, yes I'm proud of myself.

Hopefully Bearcarver checks his PMs and we can hook up so he can take one off my hands so we can make the western Lehigh Valley smell like tallowy bacon goodness.

Pictures of the bacon to follow.
After some additional investigation, maybe real old school authentic Kosher-ish, pastrami may be in order as well. These things are twice the size of a hog belly.

Last edited:

Or you could go to Curley's & get the Kit for Venison Bacon, but use Beef & Pork, like I did below:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/94181/beef-pork-bacon-qview

This stuff was popular here in 2011, and where I got the idea for my "Bear Loaf".

Bear

Venison Bacon with Beef substituted for the Venison:
I recall seeing that and wanting to try it.  You don't have pictures of it having been cooked.  Is the texture similar to bacon?  How does it fry?  I assume you need oil so it doesn't stick since there is so little fat?

That Beef naval is hard to find! IM IN TEXAS! Could use a hook
Up! Strami time!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky