BBQ Pulled Pork with full Qview. Cooking Momma is back!

Discussion in 'Pork' started by cooking momma, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Sorry I haven't been around ya'll, but I haven't been feeling very well lately. I am back though, and in a big way LOL! I found a 17 pound Pork shoulder at Sam's Club on Saturday for $1.77 per pound, what a good deal :) I had them cut it in half to make two meals. I am smoking the 9 lb. side this time. Be prepared to do some drooling! Here goes :)

[​IMG]

First I slathered it with some French's Yellow Mustard.

[​IMG]

Now time for the Rub which consisted of Brown sugar, roasted granulated garlic, onion powder, Cajun spices, paprika, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper. 

[​IMG]

Wrapped it in plastic wrap and put it to bed in the fridge over night. About 12 hours.

[​IMG]

Set my Cajun Injector Smoker at 225 degrees for 16 hours. Filled the pan with just plain old water. Using Hickory for the first 6 hours. Wanting an internal temp of 200 degrees for pulling. No spritzing, just set it and forget it. Checked it half way through. Looking pretty good so far!

[​IMG]

Finally done! Love that beautiful bark!

[​IMG]

Wrapped it in foil and let it rest for an hour or so.

[​IMG]

Unwrapped and ready to be pulled. The bone just fell out. Juicy, moist & tender. As Guy would say, it's porkalicious!

[​IMG]

All pulled and ready to be sauced with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce.

[​IMG]

All Sauced up!

[​IMG]

We heated it up on a low simmer for about 5 minutes, now we are ready to eat!

[​IMG]

I bought some beautiful Italian Crustini Rolls, and loaded it up! One heck of a yummy BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich I must say!

[​IMG]

I hope everyone enjoyed the Qview :) Until next time, Happy Smoking everyone!

thunderdome likes this.
  2. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Well I'm glad to see that your feeling better. You sure haven't lost any of your smoking skills. Your butt looks awesome and I sure really tastey too.

3. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

A few of the camera angles were not available on my 'puter.......Cooking Mama....he really is a good guy........The food looks awesome also......Dave

4. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

17# !!!! Sheesh they raise them big in WV! Looking good. [​IMG]

5. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Love PP sammies!!!

Craig

6. hardslicer

hardslicer Smoking Fanatic

when you're good your good....nicely done and thanks for the picks!  [​IMG]

7. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great job!

The PP looks delicious!

8. jak757

jak757 Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

Wow...17 lbs!  That's a big butt!!  Okay, shoulder....

The PP looks great -- you done it right, that's for sure!

Awesome Qview

9. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

That's one huge butt you got there Momma!!!

And you did a heckuva job on the first half !!!

That Sammy is PERFECT !!!!

Thanks for a great post !!!

Bear

10. sunman76

sunman76 Master of the Pit

ah yes I did enjoy that [​IMG]

11. NICE job! Glad you're feeling better too. I was just about to have some breakfast, and somehow, now, after looking at your pix, oatmeal seems like such a sad choice. Your pictures make me want some of that pulled pork...sigh!  Bet it was delicious!

12. Thank you all :) All the comments on how big that butt was made me think of the song " I like big butts, and I cannot lie" from the movie Shreck! ROFLMBO! It very well may have been two of them in one pack, but when I asked the butcher to make it into two that is how he brought it back to me? Who knows, but it sure was a lot of piggy :) We'll be eating PP for a few days for sure! My hubby sure was a happy camper when he had it in his lunch. Again thanks for all the compliments ya'll :)  

13. Looks absolutely delicious Momma. [​IMG]   Nice to have you back. That was a whole shoulder you probably got and was just cut in half.  Can't wait to see the 2nd one.

14. Thanks Scott! Yeah, it must have been, but getting any kind of pork these days for $1.77 a pound is a great deal LOL!

15. thunderdome

thunderdome Master of the Pit

I really wanna cook a couple of these this weekend now. It's been too long. Looks like you nailed it. Great pics

16. the pork and prep looks good...bet you don't even need the Sweet Baby Ray's  ;)

17. Thanks all :) Yeah Didn't need the SBR, but the kids like it sauced up therefore we had to use it LOL!

18. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks good from here [​IMG]

19. No question about that Momma.

20. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice looking Butt girl[​IMG]  . I love them,I'll cook severla at a time and freeze(package in vacum bags and heat in boiling water.[​IMG]

Have fun,enjoy and...