• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqchris52

Original poster
Aug 15, 2016
Hey guys! I just bought an Oklahoma Joe bandera smoker and am in the process of making all of my modifications before seasoning it. I have a BBQ guru with a pit bull fan that I use on my Oklahoma joe longhorn. However, I am having trouble deciding where I should drill into the firebox on my new smoker so that I can install the fan. Ideally it would be placed on the side of the fire box that is directly opposite of the opening between the firebox and cooking chamber. This would be difficult though with the baffle in the door of the firebox. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I should mount the fan? I can’t decide between the side of the fire box directly under the cooking chamber or the back of the firebox (if you are facing the smoker where the cooking chamber and firebox lid open). I’ve included some photos to help make things more clear. Please let me know what you guys think or if you have any more questions. I don’t want to drill a large hole in my firebox and then have to move it somewhere else. Thanks in advance guys!

Attachments

• 2532DBB9-100B-49AB-A4F1-AB2C9DC0F1FF.jpeg
    2532DBB9-100B-49AB-A4F1-AB2C9DC0F1FF.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 7F3D9408-FC98-43BB-B84B-D0A32E32CFBE.jpeg
    7F3D9408-FC98-43BB-B84B-D0A32E32CFBE.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 31
I have the smaller Pit Viper fan for my BGE's. Since you have an option (where I did not) I'd take some good photos and send them to the Guru guys for suggestions.

I have the smaller Pit Viper fan for my BGE's. Since you have an option (where I did not) I'd take some good photos and send them to the Guru guys for suggestions.
Send the pictures to guys at BBQ guru? Do you know if they’re good about responding?

Send the pictures to guys at BBQ guru? Do you know if they’re good about responding?
I can't say about today, but "Shotgun" Fred Pirkle (may he rest in peace) and "BBQ Bob" Trudnak were active on BBQ forums for a couple of decades. I've spoken to each one more than once when calling in. So, give it a try. They are a great company.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky