BBQ Cookbook Giveaway

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I want it!

C83A6190-6B5D-4C47-9AEA-6B43CADBAB84.gif

4B8A9932-58E6-4E7B-AA08-2328A824B460.jpeg

Thanks John!

Nice job Chile! Another reason why this site is fantastic....You, Robert (tx smoker) and Steve are shining examples. BIG LIKE! John [/QUOTE

You hit nail squarely on the head with that statement John, I agree 100%. If you aren't so fortunate as to be The Chosen One I'll let you borrow my copy for a couple of weeks, tho I'll surely be wanting it returned. I'm about halfway thru the book now having only skipped the section about building your own smoker. This book is just about a required manifesto for anyone with a offset stick burner, Franklin pretty much focuses on those so far. I've already picked up a load of tricks on technique and I've yet to get to the section where meat is on the grill, kind of amazing how much I don't know. I thought I was getting pretty darned good with my SQ36, I now realize I've just scratched the surface. RAY

You hit nail squarely on the head with that statement John, I agree 100%. If you aren't so fortunate as to be The Chosen One I'll let you borrow my copy for a couple of weeks, tho I'll surely be wanting it returned. I'm about halfway thru the book now having only skipped the section about building your own smoker. This book is just about a required manifesto for anyone with a offset stick burner, Franklin pretty much focuses on those so far. I've already picked up a load of tricks on technique and I've yet to get to the section where meat is on the grill, kind of amazing how much I don't know. I thought I was getting pretty darned good with my SQ36, I now realize I've just scratched the surface. RAY

Ray thanks for the offer, I will take you up on that....but I will lend you my "Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book" by Chris Lilly for you to read while I read this one. It is a great book also. Definitely a must read.

John

Reactions: chilerelleno
John...I don't really need or want the cookbook but I do want to chime in on what a great gesture you've made. This sir is the personification of everything that's so great about this forum. Not only sharing recipes and ideas but also sharing our blessings. In addition to wanting to give the accolades for the generous offer, I'll be the first to state that I've LOVED this thread due to the amazing array of food that folks have posted. Holy cow!! I don't think I've ever seen this much insanely good food in one thread ever!! That was a great idea asking folks to do more than just say "I want it". Hats off once again to you my friend!!

Completely blown away
Robert

Reactions: chilerelleno
I've had his brisket, it's good, very good I thought. I haven't had anything else he cooks. I wouldn't wait in the long lines to get it. Someone at work bought some and gave me a sample.

What I learned from reading the Franklin book the last couple of days is really paying off. I now have heat control dialed in like a watch, no big spikes in temp when adding more splits. I never knew guys smoked on offsets with the door open before reading this, Aaron always has the door open at least a crack. I've been + / - five degrees of 250º for a hour and a half, able to work larger splits for longer periods of time, and the smoke coming out of the stack is invisible unless I look at under the right circumstances. It's a wonderful life! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky