BBB

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thats awesome Todd and beautiful view of the cabin and sunset.

Perfect !!!--------Everything!!!!

Quite a change on the cabin!!!---Nice Work!!!

Thanks for ALL the pics!!!

Bear

The original colors reminds me of a cabin next to my brother's cabin, in PA.

It was so far back in the sticks that nobody could keep a very good eye on it.

So the guy painted everything he had there, wild colors, like green with yellow spots (toaster), pink scratched up TV, etc.

This was so nobody would steal his stuff to sell it.

He also poured a 6" thick pad of concrete in the living room, with heavy steel in it.

Then he welded his woodstove to that steel, because his first one was stolen!!

Thanks Guys!!

The cabin was originally purchased as a "Flip", but once my Wife got a hold of it, No More Flip.

It's been a great get away and family retreat.

We stayed in a 5th Wheel for the first 5 years, while i gutted and remodeled on weekends.

TJ

Great looking BBB and you sure made that cabin look good. What side of the lake are you on? I'll have to keep my eye out for it the next time I'm fishing out there. I have yet to make a trip over there yet this year though. I am slacking!

Great looking BBB and you sure made that cabin look good. What side of the lake are you on? I'll have to keep my eye out for it the next time I'm fishing out there. I have yet to make a trip over there yet this year though. I am slacking!

Yes You Are!

I'm on the East side, just north of "Squaw Point"

Last weekend got 13 Walleyes w/3 of them over 26"

The lake has a "Slot Limit", so you can't keep anything between 18" - 26" and can only keep (1) over 26"

We keep a scissors in the boat for a reason!!

TJ

I've learned that it's not the internal temp or duration of smoking, but the final color determines when your bacon is done.  You really need to achieve the "Mahogany Red" color.

I covered (2) slabs with Honey and then CBP.  I really like the results, but it burns easily in the pan.

Can You Say "Color"??

12 1/2 Hours of Apple Smoke

dc62f60c_DSCF3134.jpg

Rested Overnight and Waiting For The Slicer

444acae7_DSCF3149.jpg

Test Fry and All Is Good!

78e2e005_DSCF3153.jpg

Pile-O-Sliced Bacon

0c078f2a_DSCF3154.jpg

Pile-O-Packaged Bacon

I kept (1) Slab Out for a Family Gathering This Weekend

They'll Be Able to Smell The Smokey Goodness!!!

48de317a_DSCF3155.jpg

THE END!

Looks great Todd and awesome little get away you have there!  I agree 100% on the color change, over the winter I had one batch that I cold smoked for 56 hours before I got the needed color change.  Now it was like 20* outside so there was only the little bit of heat coming from the a-maz-en smoker that kept the bacon from freezing I guess. 

Beautiful bacon!!

So do you put any heat to your BBB during the smoking process? I just did my first batch at 150 degrees and it hit 140 internal with in two hours( glad it was a little test batch) They were little pieces, but did not get the color and taste I was shooting for. Maybe I will have better luck with the 5lbs slab.

2 hours is waaaay to quick

Try to keep your smoker temp around 100° - 120°

Chances are, you gonna fry it up anyway, so why go to 140° internal

If you do want to go to an internal of 140°, then start with no heat for 2 hours, and increase the heat 20° every 2 hours, until you hit 140° internal.  Try to shoot for at leats 8 hours of good clean smoke.

Bearcarver ramps up his temps and has good luck, but still shoots for the 12 hour smoke

Todd

All beautiful work...Amazing changes to the cabin!...JJ

2 hours is waaaay to quick

Try to keep your smoker temp around 100° - 120°

Chances are, you gonna fry it up anyway, so why go to 140° internal

If you do want to go to an internal of 140°, then start with no heat for 2 hours, and increase the heat 20° every 2 hours, until you hit 140° internal.  Try to shoot for at leats 8 hours of good clean smoke.

Bearcarver ramps up his temps and has good luck, but still shoots for the 12 hour smoke

Todd
Actually my favorite Belly Bacon (my last one), I kept it at 120˚ for the first 9 1/2 hours, and only bumped it up to 130˚ for the last 2 hours. Pulled it at about 118˚ IT.

I haven't done any BBB since they dropped the safe IT temp of Pork to 145˚, but I plan on 120˚ for the first 8 hours, until I get nice color (like you got). Then jack it up just enough to get the IT to 145˚, so I don't have to fry it. All will be needed will be to warm it a little.  It burns to easy in the frying pan.

Bear

On one of my best BBB, It was cold out and started the smoker to keep it warmed up.  The lowest the MES will go is 100°, so that's where I set the temp.  I had to keep turning the MES on & Off to maintain temps under 100°, but after a couple times just left it set at 100°.  I ended up getting 10+ hours of good smoke.

Todd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky