OK, It's My Turn...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Pat dry with paper towels then on to a wire cooling tray and fridge over night naked. Or sometimes I Pat dry and into the smoker at 120-ish for an hour no smoke to dry then add smoke.

When finished with the smoke let it cool down to room temp and then I like to zip bag and fridge overnight then slice, the smoke mellows and balances better this way.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Today is the day. BBB and a belly on the smoker this morning, my first ever of either...
20240124_152145[1].jpg

20240124_152043[1].jpg

20240125_105448[1].jpg

Rolling smoke, maybe too much smoke, with cherry and hickory. Having a little trouble keeping temps below 200℉, but trying. I'll be back later...

Last edited:
Appreciate the team concept, Ryan...🤣 About 3 hours in and haven't peeked at it yet...
Interesting thing happened ... I cold smoked my bacon over the last two days then rest uncovered in garage fridge. I happen to have some of Bearcarver 's meltaways in that fridge uncovered... I seemed to have cold smoked my meltaways now :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Interesting thing happened ... I cold smoked my bacon over the last two days then rest uncovered in garage fridge. I happen to have some of Bearcarver 's meltaways in that fridge uncovered... I seemed to have cold smoked my meltaways now :emoji_blush:

Ryan
Sweet and savory is a good combination...😛

Reactions: JLeonard
Looking real good Charles… now your going to make me do the same… been too long since I’ve made BBB! Definitely in for the finish.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
It is done, my first ever BBB and cured belly smoked. Two pieces of BBB and one belly pulled at about 135℉ and now cooling...
20240125_173158[1].jpg

Had to slice a couple of pieces for a look and a taste test...
20240125_173504[1].jpg

I'm happy with the taste, not hammy at all, but time will tell after it cools and then rests in the fridge for a day or so. My dad said, "Never say never", but if the final results are what I'm thinking/hoping, I will never buy bacon again...

Pretty good looking for sure. I have a lot going to the butcher soon so I will be curing some bacons and other things. Congratulations on your first bacons.

Pretty good looking for sure. I have a lot going to the butcher soon so I will be curing some bacons and other things. Congratulations on your first bacons.
Thanks a lot Adam. I'm definitely hooked now and don't know why I waited so long. Hey Keith, 912smoker 912smoker , you reading this?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky