BB Ribs on the Weber

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good looking ribs even if they weren’t perfect to you. I remove membrane and use 2-2-1 method for baby backs. Pretty much money every time for me.

Reactions: Gabzola
U
I use a SNS, went for 250 for 3ish hours then wrapped and raised to 275-300

I'd think the reason you thought your ribs were a little tough would be that they weren't quite cooked enough. Membrane or not won't make a world of difference if they are cooked enough. Let them go a little more time, 45 minutes to and hour, track the cook like I advised earlier, and soon you'll be as happy as a pig in mud! Nice thing about this hobby is that you can eat the mistakes, and they still taste pretty darned good. You make that tater salad or buy it at the market? Just wondering. RAY

U

I'd think the reason you thought your ribs were a little tough would be that they weren't quite cooked enough. Membrane or not won't make a world of difference if they are cooked enough. Let them go a little more time, 45 minutes to and hour, track the cook like I advised earlier, and soon you'll be as happy as a pig in mud! Nice thing about this hobby is that you can eat the mistakes, and they still taste pretty darned good. You make that tater salad or buy it at the market? Just wondering. RAY
Got it from a market, very tasty!

I good way to get rid of membrane is either heat a gas grill on high than toss ribs on. Only takes a minute or so. Can also toss some wood chips on coals and get it going than toss on there. Burns off pretty quick.

Last edited:
Ah, the greatness of BBQ - we’re always in the pursuit of perfection! As long as it tasted good, it’s a win!

FWIW, I try to get rid of anything I don’t want to eat, either due to taste or texture. Rib membrane falls into the latter category, so I always remove it because I don’t want some chewy part to have a negative impact on the overall outcome. Kinda like the hard fat on a brisket. Last, I’m a fan of a hotter and faster cook for baby backs - 300° for 2 hours with no wrap. Baby backs are relatively lean and don’t need a long cook to break down intramuscular fat the way a brisket or even St. Louis ribs do.

Keep up the pursuit and enjoy the ride!

Looks darn good from here! And for your second cook looks great! Just keep trying like they all have said.

Ryan

Reactions: Gabzola
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky