Bassman sourdough recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

theoldman

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
I keep reading all these posts on sourdough bread and I'm fascinated.  The wife has tried several times to get a starter going with no luck except the friendship bread thing, and it is really prolific.  I'd be glad to give anyone a starter from it along with a loaf if they were close enough

don't think you could mail it succesfully.  Could this starter be used to make bread or to start a bread starter?  Everyone keeps refering to the "Bassman".  How do I get a recipe for his starter.  Being a newbie, I haven't figured out how to contact him yet.

Well Old Man, you're in luck.  This other old man just happened to be on here this morning. 
biggrin.gif
If you'll just PM me your name and address, I'll dry some and get it out to you.  I'll include a copy of my bread recipe.
0001b3e9_100_1352.jpg

I'd like that starter & recipe as well, if you would.  I'll PM you the pertinent info.  That might be a great touch to the smoked turkey dinner for TG!

icon_cool.gif

Can I stand in this line to.......Please Please
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif
 please just for little fat old me. I sure would like to learn how to make me some starter too. If you send it I can just keep someof the starter and keep on making sour dough bread right???

Well Old Man, you're in luck.  This other old man just happened to be on here this morning. 
biggrin.gif
If you'll just PM me your name and address, I'll dry some and get it out to you.  I'll include a copy of my bread recipe.
0001b3e9_100_1352.jpg
that's some great lookin' bread!!!

I'd be happy to exchange something for just a sample of the famous Bassman starter. If there's any left can i have some too? buddy?

Dan

Mballi and Dan, I need your address so I can get this in the mail to you.  I've got some drying right now and ready to go. 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

A couple of the folks have told me they already received their starter.  I have some more drying to send out to the late comers.  The colder weather is when I really enjoy making my bread and it makes the house smell so good!  Good luck to everyone who is trying this for the first time.  If you have any problems, feel free to contact me. 

Last edited:
A couple of the folks have told me they already received their starter.  I have some more drying to send out to the late comers.  The colder weather is when I really enjoy making my bread and it makes the house smell so good!  Good luck to everyone who is trying this for the first time.  If you have any problems, feel free to contact me. 
Hey Keith

I just ordered some more beans today and the coffee will be on its way to ya in a couple of weeks. I did order some decaf for ya

Gary

Hey Keith

I just ordered some more beans today and the coffee will be on its way to ya in a couple of weeks. I did order some decaf for ya

Gary

Thanks Gary!  Let me know what I owe you.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky