• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Bassman sourdough recipe

theoldman

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 14, 2010
I keep reading all these posts on sourdough bread and I'm fascinated.  The wife has tried several times to get a starter going with no luck except the friendship bread thing, and it is really prolific.  I'd be glad to give anyone a starter from it along with a loaf if they were close enough

don't think you could mail it succesfully.  Could this starter be used to make bread or to start a bread starter?  Everyone keeps refering to the "Bassman".  How do I get a recipe for his starter.  Being a newbie, I haven't figured out how to contact him yet.

bassman

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 15, 2007
Well Old Man, you're in luck.  This other old man just happened to be on here this morning. 
If you'll just PM me your name and address, I'll dry some and get it out to you.  I'll include a copy of my bread recipe.

adiochiro3

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 19, 2010
I'd like that starter & recipe as well, if you would.  I'll PM you the pertinent info.  That might be a great touch to the smoked turkey dinner for TG!

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Can I stand in this line to.......Please Please
 please just for little fat old me. I sure would like to learn how to make me some starter too. If you send it I can just keep someof the starter and keep on making sour dough bread right???

chefrob

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 13, 2009
Well Old Man, you're in luck.  This other old man just happened to be on here this morning. 
If you'll just PM me your name and address, I'll dry some and get it out to you.  I'll include a copy of my bread recipe.
that's some great lookin' bread!!!

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
I'd be happy to exchange something for just a sample of the famous Bassman starter. If there's any left can i have some too? buddy?

Dan

bassman

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 15, 2007
Mballi and Dan, I need your address so I can get this in the mail to you.  I've got some drying right now and ready to go. 

raptor700

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 20, 2010
Man I can smell that from here! I havn't made any bread in a while, You have inspired me to get off my duff!

bassman

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 15, 2007
A couple of the folks have told me they already received their starter.  I have some more drying to send out to the late comers.  The colder weather is when I really enjoy making my bread and it makes the house smell so good!  Good luck to everyone who is trying this for the first time.  If you have any problems, feel free to contact me. 

Last edited:

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
A couple of the folks have told me they already received their starter.  I have some more drying to send out to the late comers.  The colder weather is when I really enjoy making my bread and it makes the house smell so good!  Good luck to everyone who is trying this for the first time.  If you have any problems, feel free to contact me. 
Hey Keith

I just ordered some more beans today and the coffee will be on its way to ya in a couple of weeks. I did order some decaf for ya

Gary

bassman

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 15, 2007
Hey Keith

I just ordered some more beans today and the coffee will be on its way to ya in a couple of weeks. I did order some decaf for ya

Gary

Thanks Gary!  Let me know what I owe you.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.