Bacon Wrapped Venison Roasts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Brined a couple of venison sirloin roasts and wrapped them in bacon, trussed them up and they're headed for the smoker.
275°-300° over Hickory till an IT of 140°.

IPa9RJI.jpg

DnOwXFu.jpg

yRu3NJl.jpg

Plus some Cook's snacks going on the grill,
Sweet Italian sausages wrapped in bacon with a green onion.

Ay6QUMA.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys, dinner in a few hours.

It feels like a bit of Hell down here today.
Temp hit 94° with a 103° heat index.
Like a steam bath out there.

The sausages are yum, yum, yummy!
Accompanied by half a smoked Apple Dumpling... Oh yeah!

y0r2fRv.jpg

iyaFXIv.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Thanks guys, dinner in a few hours.

It feels like a bit of Hell down here today.
Temp hit 94° with a 103° heat index.
Like a steam bath out there.

The sausages are yum, yum, yummy!
Accompanied by half a smoked Apple Dumpling... Oh yeah!
Wow! Awesome looking stuff. Yeah, I been sweating here as well. Fall has arrived. My ass it has!!

y0r2fRv.jpg

iyaFXIv.jpg

I'll take a couple of those sausages John, and my wife who loves venison will take a few slices of the roast. I never developed a taste for venison...ummm

Point for sure
Chris

Wow! Awesome looking stuff. Yeah, I been sweating here as well. Fall has arrived. My ass it has!!
I'll take a couple of those sausages John, and my wife who loves venison will take a few slices of the roast. I never developed a taste for venison...ummm

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris and Hawg.

Chris, plenty left of the venison, tell'er to come get a plate.

Guys, the sausages were good, the green onion was a nice touch, really added a nice depth of flavor.

Last edited:
That is a delicious looking meal for sure!
Al
OMG'osh it's Al!
Hi Al, and thank you.
Hope you and the Missus are doing well.

Man I was beginning to wonder if I inadvertently pee'd in your Cheerios?
Been so long since you stopped by one of my threads.
Nice to see ya.

Last edited:
Looks good John! My father in law wanted me to smoke a venison roast for him. He supplies the meat, so I’ll have to give it a shot.

Looks good John! My father in law wanted me to smoke a venison roast for him. He supplies the meat, so I’ll have to give it a shot.
Thanks Joe.
I let the IT on these go over while talking to my FiL, they were 144° and 146°.... Oops, but still very tender/juicy from the brine.

See my Banging Brined venison roasts recipe for the brine I use.

Those roasts look awesome Chili, I wish my wife was more of a fan of venison roasts, steaks, etc., Cause I love it.
Like...

Those roasts look awesome Chili, I wish my wife was more of a fan of venison roasts, steaks, etc., Cause I love it.
Like...
Appreciate it, thanks.
I can get everyone but my Baby Girl (11yrs) to eat most any wild or farm raised game meats.
My daughter is strictly Ol'MacDonald farm animals for food.

OMG'osh it's Al!
Hi Al, and thank you.
Hope you and the Missus are doing well.

Man I was beginning to wonder if I inadvertently pee'd in your Cheerios?
Been so long since you stopped by one of my threads.
Nice to see ya.

I have been really busy lately & haven't been on here very much. I try to get on everyday & post a few comments, but I do miss a lot of good threads & yours are always good!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky